CB Josh Shaw Suspended Indefinitely for Gambling

HolmesPriest

I like how the NFL made sure to cover themselves first and foremost. Pretty sure about 50% of fans believe referees have money on games they are officiating every week. While that obviously isn't the case there have been way too many unfathomable calls made over the years for all of them to have been accidental. Whether for financial purposes or some sort of bias this league isn't pure and to pretend like it is seems a little condescending. If a player making a bet on the NFL is the dirtiest thing that has happened recently I'd be shocked.

You can't do it so a suspension is warranted but don't try to cover his tracks to protect your image.

This guy just didn't understand the rules

He's on IR and not even playing this season. He didn't even try to hide it, used his actual ID card to place the bets. This seems heavy handed. Apparently when gambling became legal, the league didn't appear to take any formal steps/training regarding what players could and couldn't do

4 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

This seems heavy handed

Agreed.  They basically banned the guy for life, because he's a low tier player that will have been out of football for two years by the time the suspension is over.  No way he's playing again.

Several years ago I was walking through the halls in Vegas, between the Luxor and the Mirage, and there was Pete Rose, in a small sports memorabilia shop, signing autographs for $10 a pop. I didn't pay, but went in and said hi.

The difference, everyone has heard of Pete Rose.   ........who was this post about?

On 11/30/2019 at 12:12 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

if you are gonna get suspended for a year I don't see why anyone would

idk man. People still allegedly beat their ladies and smoke the ganj, and juice. 

Personally, I have a feeling in my gut that when the Raiders move to Vegas, Shaw won't be the last to have this happen to him.