Trent Murphy

jetsfan4life51

Sorry to start a new topic I didn't know where to post but I wanted to keep an eye on Trent Murphy and see how he is doing this season.  Reason why is I met him at a seminar from one of the best strength coaches in the world, it was very advanced methods for diet, exercise and body composition. A practice squad player was there too but I cannot remember his name but I do know he went to Stanford with Trent.  This guy has produced an endless amount of world class athletes, champions, gold medalists etc.  Has more of an NHL background but still has had his share of NFL players.  Anyway it was cool talking to Trent, I told him the Jets really need him lol and he was actually really nice and didn't mind that I was kinda star struck to be with an NFL athlete.  If he's been using the tools we got from this seminar he's poised for a great season and I'd love to hear how he's doing aside for when I get to see him play the Giants twice a year.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

He's out for the season with a torn ACL.

Which happened after he popped for PEDs and got a 4 game suspension.

Trent Murphy was drafted too high and misused from the start. Dude should have been told from Day 1 to put on weight and be a defensive end in a 3-4.

He tore not Not only Giants ACL, but MCL too. We miss Trent's versatility. He is 6'6, 260 pounds, we have moved him around since we drafted him from LOLB to ROLB to 4-3 DE when in nickle/dime D. 

He can be a lesser version of Joey Bosa or any of those those guys who beat fit as a strong side 4-3 DE but play in a 3-4 or a combo 3-4/4-3 system like we run and San Diego runs. 

I don't know if he'll be back in DC next year because we have Kerrigan, Preston Smith, Gallete - whose finally back after tearing each achillies the last 2 years - and we drafted Ryan Anderson but I'd welcome him back to continue playing in the rotation as an 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE when in nickle.

On 9/12/2017 at 11:59 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Sorry to start a new topic

Never apologize for starting a new topic. :)

But as others said, he's out for the year with a torn ACL. Had he not done that, he would have been suspended for four games.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

This is a hilarious post. Any chance this strength seminar guy is pushing some roids?

Lmao I had no idea about this.  Nah but I wonder what he got flagged for.  Seemed like was keen on shoring up his diet and improve his training.  This guy does have unconventional methods that work like mega dosing fish oil and other supplements, I wonder if that played any part?

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Lmao I had no idea about this.  Nah but I wonder what he got flagged for.  Seemed like was keen on shoring up his diet and improve his training.  This guy does have unconventional methods that work like mega dosing fish oil and other supplements, I wonder if that played any part?

I think he took something over the counter and got busted for it but obviously I have no proof.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:
12 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think he took something over the counter and got busted for it but obviously I have no proof.

That is what he asserts. He took responsibility for taking it because that is what is expected. Whether that was the cover or the reality, who knows?

Archived