GOTW #1 | Week 14 | #1 Ohio State @ #13 Michigan

naptownskinsfan

Who wins this matchup?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• #1 Ohio State
    • #13 Michigan

37 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

michigan has been so bad against the buckeyes i dont even think you can call it a rivalry anymore. Its just a little brother being upset he'll never be as cool or talented as his older brother at this point.

Until Ohio State fans stop vandalizing local businesses for having an M in the name, I don't think you can really say that.

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

michigan has been so bad against the buckeyes i dont even think you can call it a rivalry anymore. Its just a little brother being upset he'll never be as cool or talented as his older brother at this point.

Penn State has put up more of a fight over the past decade or so than Michigan has and even then they've only won like.... twice since 2008?

Three times:

2008, 2011, 2016.

Michigan's last 3: 

2011, 2003, 2000

Edited by Danger

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

Game plan was fine. Horrible in game coaching, bad adjustments in game 

I felt that the 1st half was decent from a coaching perspective. You need your players not to make mistakes when the other team is simply better and Michigan gave away at least 11 points in the 1st half by player mistakes: The fumble by Patterson costing them 3 points as a minimum, giving up a TD due to a penalty on the punt after you have them off the field costing them 7, and missing a PAT. That's going from 13-28 by half time to 20-21. imo only the PAT is something you can put somewhat on the coaches.

After being down by 15 by halftime versus the #1 team who also receives the ball basically the game is over. You get in desperate playcalling by then.

Anyway a devastating loss. To me the biggest letdown was how the Ohio Stat o-line was simply dominating the run blocking right from the start. That was men vs. boys and told the whole story about how much better that team is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

I felt that the 1st half was decent from a coaching perspective. You need your players not to make mistakes when the other team is simply better and Michigan gave away at least 11 points in the 1st half by player mistakes: The fumble by Patterson costing them 3 points as a minimum, giving up a TD due to a penalty on the punt after you have them off the field costing them 7, and missing a PAT. That's going from 13-28 by half time to 20-21. imo only the PAT is something you can put somewhat on the coaches.

After being down by 15 by halftime versus the #1 team who also receives the ball basically the game is over. You get in desperate playcalling by then.

Anyway a devastating loss. To me the biggest letdown was how the Ohio Stat o-line was simply dominating the run blocking right from the start. That was men vs. boys and told the whole story about how much better that team is.

The run game was a given tho. tOSU OL had like an avg of 30lbs on each lineman.