Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Similar to how I felt about Boston last year. I feel that too much talent or at least quantity wise can be a bad thing and less can be more. I just hate seeing a young talent like MP sitting. A player needs to play to develop. Experience can not be taught. I agree, a trade may be necessary.

Yeah it's a tough spot. The Nuggets are ready to win now, but they have another interesting young core (MPJ, Vanderbilt, Bol) that realistically will cost you wins with extended minutes. You're hopeful that they can build something long term and organic, but it might not be plausible to keep developing talent around an already successful core. I think MPJ will be an exception to that bc he is insanely talented. Probably the most talented shooter on the team and he's 6'10. I've been really impressed with his natural movement and IQ as well. Has a LONG way to go strength/body/game experience wise. 

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I’m a Celtics fan, Jrue has been fine since like the first week of the season I feel like. 

Yeah I mean he's a really, really good player that probably isn't improving much and isn't an all-star level guy. That package includes a starting quality (young) vet, a really nice proven prospect in Malik Beasley, and two other good assets. Super reasonable, IMO

23 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Jrue, Redick and Hayes for Ben Simmons

Idk if this works financially 

I think fans and the organization believe in Ben Simmons a lot more than maybe the rest of the league but this trade looks like a win-win in my opinion if salaries are equal

Edited by resilient part 2

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

If I'm New Orleans I'm hanging onto Hayes. He's going to be very good.

I would do that SO fast if I was NO. You get 2 foundational pieces. No brainer....but Philly wouldn't make that deal. Although it would maybe get them closer to a title this year

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

I would do that SO fast if I was NO. You get 2 foundational pieces. No brainer....but Philly wouldn't make that deal. Although it would maybe get them closer to a title this year

I wouldn't want anything to do with Simmons as an NBA franchise tbh. His inability to hit any sort of jumpers renders him basically useless come playoff time. I'd rather move Reddick and Jrue in seperate deals for some assets and let Hayes develop. He's going to be a stud.