Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

The target I'm intrigued by for the Nuggets is Jrue Holiday ..... NOP has been committed to him but I wonder if they would consider moving him if the season really goes poorly. Probably not, but he's a guy I've got my eyes on.

Something like Gary Harris, Malik Beasley, Jarred Vanderbilt and a first or something 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=se4p744

12 hours ago, champ11 said:

The target I'm intrigued by for the Nuggets is Jrue Holiday ..... NOP has been committed to him but I wonder if they would consider moving him if the season really goes poorly. Probably not, but he's a guy I've got my eyes on.

Something like Gary Harris, Malik Beasley, Jarred Vanderbilt and a first or something 

That would be a solid offer. If we continue torpedoing this season seems like a good option

16 hours ago, champ11 said:

I don't think they'd even consider it for that. Harris is super overpaid, and Jrue is one of the better two way guards in the league on a reasonable deal. He should be able to fetch considerably more thant that.

17 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think they'd even consider it for that. Harris is super overpaid, and Jrue is one of the better two way guards in the league on a reasonable deal. He should be able to fetch considerably more thant that.

Gary Harris is on a solid contract and is an elite defender. His offense hasn't gotten back to the high level it was at pre-injury but he is young and very talented. And then you have two high level prospects. I think it's a fair offer. Jrue isn't really setting the world on fire this year and I don't think you are getting an elite package for him. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

do you want / expect sooner or later? It seems like Later for me.

It's a tough situation for the coach because the team has been playing pretty meh and MPJ is undoubtedly going to be a negative player to start despite his special offensive talent. There are talented, proven, rotation level guys in front of him (Torrey Craig started in the playoffs, Juancho started for a FIBA champion, Jerami Grant started for playoff teams etc) ... so I think it's one of those things where chemistry wise you don't really want to throw the talented rookie in there over proven guys on a 54 win team. It's so much different developing guys on a rebuilding team.

I think they need to get him in there. But I understand why it's been a slower process. The Nuggets have probably the best player development record in the league and have had a lot of success bringing guys along slowly. But their ceiling gets so much higher if MPJ ends up being good so they need to try to get him out there consistently. Will not be surprised if the FO makes a deal to give Malone less players to try to juggle.

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

It's a tough situation for the coach because the team has been playing pretty meh and MPJ is undoubtedly going to be a negative player to start despite his special offensive talent. There are talented, proven, rotation level guys in front of him (Torrey Craig started in the playoffs, Juancho started for a FIBA champion, Jerami Grant started for playoff teams etc) ... so I think it's one of those things where chemistry wise you don't really want to throw the talented rookie in there over proven guys on a 54 win team. It's so much different developing guys on a rebuilding team.

I think they need to get him in there. But I understand why it's been a slower process. The Nuggets have probably the best player development record in the league and have had a lot of success bringing guys along slowly. But their ceiling gets so much higher if MPJ ends up being good so they need to try to get him out there consistently. Will not be surprised if the FO makes a deal to give Malone less players to try to juggle.

Similar to how I felt about Boston last year. I feel that too much talent or at least quantity wise can be a bad thing and less can be more. I just hate seeing a young talent like MP sitting. A player needs to play to develop. Experience can not be taught. I agree, a trade may be necessary.

19 hours ago, champ11 said:

What would that mean for Jamal Murray?  I thought they paid him all that money to be their PG.