Terrelle Pryor in critical condition after stabbing

Dome

52 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I know there's more context but I can't help but smh at the fact that you can be arrested for assault after a woman tries to murder you.

If he assaults her, then it escalates into her assaulting him with a deadly weapon, then they are both clearly in the wrong and both justifiably charged

Like I said before, any time it is a domestic issue, you need to wait and reserve judgement... it goes for both genders

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If he assaults her, then it escalates into her assaulting him with a deadly weapon, then they are both clearly in the wrong and both justifiably charged

Like I said before, any time it is a domestic issue, you need to wait and reserve judgement... it goes for both genders

I know, and that's primarily why I said I know there's more context here that we're all just simply not aware of. And I guess I shouldn't have said "woman", but rather "someone". Not trying to imply it was gender-related. Just wild that dude survived attempted murder only to be charged with simple assault lol

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I know there's more context but I can't help but smh at the fact that you can be arrested for assault after a woman tries to murder you.

With zero knowledge on the details of this situation - you have to imagine they were both fighting and then she escalated it by stabbing Pryor in the chest. 100% premature assumption, but I can’t imagine the DA’s office charges him if there was an assault after he was stabbed (without complete understanding that he’d win with self defense).

We’ll see how things play out, hope Pryor is alright. Doesn’t seem like his career was going any further, but I doubt this helps.

6 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

the guy's lying there half dead and they can't wait to arrest him?? W T ...

that's how the law works

that doesn't mean they have him cuffed to the bed or dragged out of the hospital to jail or anything inhumane

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s procedural at this point I’d imagine.

@NateDawg @pnies20 how would this work?

Usually our department just arrests the primary aggressor and not both parties. Legally speaking I guess they decided both people were aggressors, one of which used the weapon. I’m surprised Pryor is getting charged but I guess I haven’t really heard too many details on what exactly took place. Pretty logical guess is that Pryor assaulted her and then she assaulted him with a deadly weapon, which obviously is above and beyond just protecting one’s self.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

Pryor is not on an active roster and there is nothing football related to discuss at this time.   

A reminder of forum guidelines.

If a player is arrested, the discussion should be about a possible suspension and how the team will handle it.  Members should not discuss crime and punishment, their own legal problems, politics or anything else off-topic.

• Like 2