Bruce Allen's Future ACTUALLY in Doubt

TOUCAN

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-owner-dan-snyder-considering-drastic-changes-open-to-firing-president-bruce-allen-per-report/

#FireBruceAllen

The Redskins, unsurprisingly, did not have a comment on the situation, per Garafolo. But they're aware of the distaste for Allen among many fans, at least on social media.

Edited by JoshstraDaymus
  • Like 2

I think this is the year that it finally happens. who would yall want as GM? Im hoping they dont just hand it to doug williams. I would like to see a former player in position thats not doug williams.  This sounds crazy but I would love to see Cooley have some kind of job within the organization, or Chris Samuels, even Santana

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I think this is the year that it finally happens. who would yall want as GM? Im hoping they dont just hand it to doug williams. I would like to see a former player in position thats not doug williams.  This sounds crazy but I would love to see Cooley have some kind of job within the organization, or Chris Samuels, even Santana

I would want a long-time executive who has spent many years in a winning organization. This organization desperately needs to revamp its operation from the top down, and I think the only way to do that is to give the reins to someone who is closely and entirely familiar with how good franchises are managed — both big picture and day-to-day operations. 

Some of the names I turned up on a quick google search would be Joe Douglas (Eagles), Mike Borgonzi (Chiefs), George Paton (Vikings), Trent Kirchner (Seahawks), Ed Dodds (Colts), Nick Caserio (Patriots), Joe Hortiz (Ravens), Scott Pioli (Falcons, formerly Patriots), Eliot Wolf (Browns, formerly Packers).

I don’t care so much about who the individual is. I want the methods and the structure they would bring from their organization to institute here. As long as they have that background — and the ability to speak to Snyder from a place of authority based on that background — I think at the very least we’ll be hitting a solid ground rule double. That could easily become a home run if we can get a guy with great traits and a great working connection with the new HC. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Someone from a winning organization as E said who has been on that staff for a while, worked their way up the ladder and learned how to build a winning team.

20 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I would want a long-time executive who has spent many years in a winning organization. This organization desperately needs to revamp its operation from the top down, and I think the only way to do that is to give the reins to someone who is closely and entirely familiar with how good franchises are managed — both big picture and day-to-day operations. 

Some of the names I turned up on a quick google search would be Joe Douglas (Eagles), Mike Borgonzi (Chiefs), George Paton (Vikings), Trent Kirchner (Seahawks), Ed Dodds (Colts), Nick Caserio (Patriots), Joe Hortiz (Ravens), Scott Pioli (Falcons, formerly Patriots), Eliot Wolf (Browns, formerly Packers).

I don’t care so much about who the individual is. I want the methods and the structure they would bring from their organization to institute here. As long as they have that background — and the ability to speak to Snyder from a place of authority based on that background — I think at the very least we’ll be hitting a solid ground rule double. That could easily become a home run if we can get a guy with great traits and a great working connection with the new HC. 

Agreed. I also don’t care about the name, but I like the idea of Scott Pioli-type...he’s won everywhere he’s gone. NE, KC and ATL. Not a young, exciting name but more of adult who’ll hopefully quell the dysfunction amongst the children. Hire him as the President and allow him to choose his GM. Then Snyder/Pioli/GM hire a coach. That’s how normal franchises do it. 

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m still a big fan of giving Luis Riddick a shot. But he has to be given full control. 

Me too, and he actually believes in Haskins - not that that’s a prerequisite but it helps - which could be a plus for him bc Haskins is Dan’s new jock he sniffs.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I’m still a big fan of giving Luis Riddick a shot. But he has to be given full control. 

I like this idea!!! I wanted Mike Mayock a few years back but I’m a huge fan of Riddick and Charles Davis when it comes to guys with football knowledge on TV. DJ is another but Riddick would be a good hire IMO. I believe he likes Haskins as well and would prioritize building around that. But Fire Bruce first I no longer get excited for anything on this team without action. So Bruce has too go

• Like 1

Even if Bruce goes Snyder has to have seen his faults in this situation and needs to keep out of the football operations. He should be informed but as far as having a say it shouldn’t matter the football people know what they want so let them make their decisions