Bruce Allen's Future ACTUALLY in Doubt

TOUCAN

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Joe Douglas/Eagles or Joe Hortiz/ Ravens

2 organizations who know what they’re doing when it comes to building a winning team  

Be happy with either one. 

Joe Douglas is the Jets GM. He was hired around when camp started after Gase got McCaggnan fired. 
I just hope if Bruce is indeed fired, the new guy gets the power to clear the building and start fresh

coaching, scouting, player personnel, cap guys. The works

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

I would want a long-time executive who has spent many years in a winning organization. This organization desperately needs to revamp its operation from the top down, and I think the only way to do that is to give the reins to someone who is closely and entirely familiar with how good franchises are managed — both big picture and day-to-day operations. 

Some of the names I turned up on a quick google search would be Joe Douglas (Eagles), Mike Borgonzi (Chiefs), George Paton (Vikings), Trent Kirchner (Seahawks), Ed Dodds (Colts), Nick Caserio (Patriots), Joe Hortiz (Ravens), Scott Pioli (Falcons, formerly Patriots), Eliot Wolf (Browns, formerly Packers).

I don’t care so much about who the individual is. I want the methods and the structure they would bring from their organization to institute here. As long as they have that background — and the ability to speak to Snyder from a place of authority based on that background — I think at the very least we’ll be hitting a solid ground rule double. That could easily become a home run if we can get a guy with great traits and a great working connection with the new HC. 

Eliot Wolf would be a coup, and he would be close to his dad coming here.  Though I have to imagine he is a pipe dream right now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Joe Douglas is the Jets GM. He was hired around when camp started after Gase got McCaggnan fired. 
I just hope if Bruce is indeed fired, the new guy gets the power to clear the building and start fresh

That's what I have said.  Only keep guys who buy into your vision, and don't be afraid to let them go.  That's exactly what Mike Elias has done with the Orioles.  You can't keep yourself beholden to long-term hires and former players if they can't get the job done.  Our rot extends to just about every part of the front office, and it has to be gutted.  

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Thank you. My bad! I agree, hopefully he gets the power. I do hope though Kyle Smith has some position here, I do believe he’s help change out drafts for the better the last couple of years. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Thank you. My bad! I agree, hopefully he gets the power. I do hope though Kyle Smith has some position here, I do believe he’s help change out drafts for the better the last couple of years. 

With all of the stuff going on in NY, including the stuff with hurt players being forced to play, I think we should stay away from anyone from the Jets. 

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We've done that before, and he comes back to grab power.  Until he is gone completely, nothing will change as far as long-term outlook goes.  

Yep, that was the McCloughan experiment. If the 2016 wasn’t such an awful draft and we had made the playoffs in 2016-17, perhaps McCloughan would’ve been given more than two years.

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yep, that was the McCloughan experiment. If the 2016 wasn’t such an awful draft and we had made the playoffs in 2016-17, perhaps McCloughan would’ve been given more than two years.

Well, and then he lost power on the business side and then got it back.  So it works both ways.  If Bruce didn't send out Cooley as the bag man, maybe GMSM would still be here.  We will never know.  

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Well, and then he lost power on the business side and then got it back.  So it works both ways.  If Bruce didn't send out Cooley as the bag man, maybe GMSM would still be here.  We will never know.  

Dude, McCloughan’s 2016 offseason was a disgrace. If his 2016 offseason had been better and we had won a few more games, our 1st & 2nd round picks had contributed more to the team and if they looked like building blocks then, it would have been hard for Allen to make his case but since 2016 was such an awful offseason, Allen could make a case and Dan bought it.

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Didn't know it was awful then, and the best back to back years we've had since... who the hell knows. It had nothing to do with "bad draft" and "missing the playoffs"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Didn't know it was awful then, and the best back to back years we've had since... who the hell knows. It had nothing to do with "bad draft" and "missing the playoffs"

That poster has a ridiculous hatred for McCloughan, Ryan Kerrigan and Josh Norman.