GDT Week 2: Cowboys @ Broncos - Witten in the Stars

Texas_OutLaw7

Leary is playing. Passed protocol today. Bolles has been ok for rookie. The right side is where the biggest weakness lies. Watson had been bad. DLaw could....should have good game. Their OL is probably better than last year, but think they are still rated like 23rd in league per PFF

Well I'm sure if Ron Leary was ever fired up for a game it would be this one.  It's a shame. I still remember visions of a 

Tyron - Leary - Beard - Martin - Collins line...

Leary leaves AND THEN they move La'el!?

We wasted the dream Oline on Doug Free!

As good as Denver is at defending the pass, they were very vulnerable last year against the run.  If we stick to our bread and butter and get Zeke in a rhythm, that should help keep the rush off of Dak a bit.  It's also a good thing Dak is careful with the ball because those Denver DBs can make you pay for any mistake.  I'll be interested in seeing how we do defensively.

Think we'll be able to win today.  Denver is a hostile place for a road team, but this is also a group that is used to winning on the road.  Looking forward to a good game.

GAMEDAYYYYYY!!!!! YEAH! 

I'm one to not care if my star RB gets 30 carries, which I'm not sure he has ever done.  This would be a good game to do it. I don't want to rely on Dak and Linehan to beat Miller, Marshall, Talib, and Harris Jr. We should be able to run it and run it well.

Defensively we should do just as well as we did against the Giants.  On paper they look about the same.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ok, I for the first time, I am so proud of Jerry Jones. first sentence says it all.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jerry-jones-stalling-nfl-commish-goodell-new-contract-report-article-1.3501759

I like it, but wish JJ would more forthright here. If he had said Goodell and Co discipline policy is inconsistent and completely ignorant I'd be more on board. This is a starting point at least.

Anywho, back on target here, stoked for game today.

16 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Well I'm sure if Ron Leary was ever fired up for a game it would be this one.  It's a shame. I still remember visions of a 

Tyron - Leary - Beard - Martin - Collins line...

Leary leaves AND THEN they move La'el!?

We wasted the dream Oline on Doug Free!

Still think Collins is better at Guard in THIS system, pulling around the edges.

He kept pace with McFadden and had we had Zeke that year with the vision McFadden lacks, man oh man. Collins was going to be the premier pulling guard in the league.

He will make a perfectly fine RT, but in this system i was loving the hustle down the field to the second and third level leading the way on a pull. For a guy his size he can really freaking run.

Per Archer....

Cowboys inactives: QB Cooper Rush, RB Darren McFadden, LB Jayrone Elliott, OL Jonathan Cooper, LB Anthony Hitchens, CB Orlando Scandrick, CB Bene Benwikere.

What is up with DMC?

Per Helman.....

Broncos inactives: QB Paxton Lynch, RB Devontae Booker, CB Brendan Langley, OG Billy Turner, DL Ahtyba Rubin, WR Jordan Taylor, DE Zach Kerr

Archived