Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

44 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The problem with that is that it's more of a 4/3 over than a true 3/4. The only real difference would be that Spence is standing.

We're stuck in that ugly in between right now. We have guys who excel in the 4/3 (David, Kwon, McCoy) and guys who excel, or probably would, in the 3/4 (Baker, Spence, Beckwith).

I think David would still be great in a 3-4 , its not like we dont blitz him a ton as it is, or we could just have him QB spy running QBs, or sit in cover backs and TEs, also Kwon would ball in a 3-4 too

the only person i can legitimately see having a negative effect on , stat wise, would be McCoy because he would be eating alot more double teams without an extra tackle

but i think the benefit of having spence stand up out weighs that, because for damn sure spence would be better standing up and getting to the QB , i mean for crying out loud hes 250lbs as a DE, thats just dumb, he always has to run completely around tackles because he just doesnt have the strength to do anything else

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I think David would still be great in a 3-4 , its not like we dont blitz him a ton as it is, or we could just have him QB spy running QBs, or sit in cover backs and TEs, also Kwon would ball in a 3-4 too

the only person i can legitimately see having a negative effect on , stat wise, would be McCoy because he would be eating alot more double teams without an extra tackle

but i think the benefit of having spence stand up out weighs that, because for damn sure spence would be better standing up and getting to the QB , i mean for crying out loud hes 250lbs as a DE, thats just dumb, he always has to run completely around tackles because he just doesnt have the strength to do anything else

Wade Phillips for the Rams is a one gap 3-4 alignment.  McCoy would probably play 5 technique as opposed to NT.  Back before Schiavone was hired, they asked to interview Phillips because he was a one gap svheme.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Wade Phillips for the Rams is a one gap 3-4 alignment.  McCoy would probably play 5 technique as opposed to NT.  Back before Schiavone was hired, they asked to interview Phillips because he was a one gap svheme.

phillips is a terrible HC, but a fantastic DC

doubt he would want to move for the same position , in a less popular area though

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

doubt he would want to move for the same position , in a less popular area though

Agreed, he ultimately didn't even bother to interview at the time because he thought he didn't have a legit chance at the job.  Basically,  David and Kwon could work in a 3-4 one gap inside because it would be similar to the defense Denver ran to win the Super Bowl.  Also, the Steelers are doing something similar with Shazier inside. 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Rex Ryan says he's done but give him a fat contract to be DC and I bet he'd come back. We'll probably clean house on the defensive coaching side this offseason so why not.

19 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Rex Ryan says he's done but give him a fat contract to be DC and I bet he'd come back. We'll probably clean house on the defensive coaching side this offseason so why not.

sorry but i want non of the Ryans anywhere near us

they are cancerous coaches IMO

no thanks

On ‎2017‎/‎10‎/‎22 at 7:26 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

Free Agents: 

Demarcus Lawrence or Malcolm Butler

Draft:

1st: Bradley Chubb: DE, NC State or Arden Key: DE, LSU

From what I read from Patriots fans this year is that Butler has been bad this year. I'm not sure if he is all to blame but yeah he isn't playing well. So who knows if the Patriots are going to be able to afford him now. I'd say they could if he is having an obvious down year. I watched Key play a couple weeks ago and he seems like a 3-4 fit only. He does a lot of stand up rushing and dropping back in coverage. If we are still under a 4-3 defense then I don't really like the fit. Unless we can try to make him put on weight but my guy is Chubb. If we picking top 10 thanks to our horrendous defense we'll make him the pick. It was hard to watch Derek Barnett one of my fav prospects in this years class put up 2 sacks last night when we could of used him. OJ Howard will be great one day but damn man, I'd rather have him right now. Because we are basically the Saints right now just a younger version.

My concern with David and Kwon in a full time 3/4 defense is that it usually funnels everything inside. Neither David nor Kwon have the size to take on guards every snap. And David has struggled his whole career taking blockers head on. It's been his only flaw. In space he can get around them; and often does. But in such tight quarters, I don't know how well he'd do.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

My concern with David and Kwon in a full time 3/4 defense is that it usually funnels everything inside. Neither David nor Kwon have the size to take on guards every snap. And David has struggled his whole career taking blockers head on. It's been his only flaw. In space he can get around them; and often does. But in such tight quarters, I don't know how well he'd do.

He would get mauled. Linebackers minus Beckwith aren't built to play in a 3-4 defense that requires a thumper role. 3-4 defense hype is ridiculous anyway, its really all about player personnel than scheme. Players make the scheme not vice versa. You can get the most out of your players by playing to their strengths though. By playing to our strengths its best for this team to stick to 4-3. Disappointed that Baker gets subbed out on passing downs. I think he is a solid pass rusher from the DT spot. We need to let Ward start with Evans and blitz the backers. I have faith in Ward to cover RB's and TE's. Evans can man the slots down. Zone blitz needs to be part of the scheme too.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Ryan finely qb Nc state. Accurate, very good vision, can stand tall in the pocket. Hits receivers accurately at all levels. Clean mechanics and good ball security. Goes through progressions well. 

Id look into him. 

Not happening.

On 11/5/2017 at 12:18 PM, REDandPEWTER said:

Not if licht and koetter are gone. There were a lot of GMs and coaches that didn't like Winston for the reason of his play now and at FSU back in 2015. 

We will specifically be hiring one of a number of coaches who what to come to this dumpster fire of an organization because of Winston.

8 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

We will specifically be hiring one of a number of coaches who what to come to this dumpster fire of an organization because of Winston.

Winston will be a big carrot to dangle to try and entice anyone to take the job.

Archived