Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He actually tore his chest (pectoral muscle) while doing the bench at the combine, not the shoulder...

Regardless, still sucks and agree 100%. I don't fault anyone who chooses not to perform. They put their skills on display every week during the season for their potential future employers to evaluate.

With the technology/analytics we have today, teams should be able to figure out a way to gauge players other than putting them through their own workouts... 

I agree with this 100%. These guys are jeopardizing their earning potential by doing drills at the combine, pro days, and then teams facilities.  Way over the top.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I agree with this 100%. These guys are jeopardizing their earning potential by doing drills at the combine, pro days, and then teams facilities.  Way over the top.

At the same time, other guys (like Sweat) are destroying every drill they do and end up drafted a lot higher than they probably should.

It's give and take.

If Lamar Jackson ran a 40 and timed at 4.3, he'd shoot up boards. We all know he's fast. But getting an official time helps.

49 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

At the same time, other guys (like Sweat) are destroying every drill they do and end up drafted a lot higher than they probably should.

It's give and take.

If Lamar Jackson ran a 40 and timed at 4.3, he'd shoot up boards. We all know he's fast. But getting an official time helps.

I undertand your point.  I believe there has to be a limit how many times a prospect needs to go through drills during the draft process, Reducing their potential for injury when not actually playing football is all I am questioning.  Josh Sweat shouldn't have to do bag drills at Indy, his pro day, and then sent through drills at a teams facilities.  All the risk is incurred by the prospect.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I 'l be curious who Licht selects if it isnt Barkley at 7. The current depth at RB has very minimal pass catching skill other then catching a screen  or swing pass.  

Penny looked really good catching the ball at the senior bowl.

Archived