Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Visit number three? OOOOOHHHEEEEE.

Ssssssssoooooooooo close.................... Interesting that Minkah wants to play outside CB.  I m certainly not going to suggest he cant do it.  My opinion is if he can play outside I would rate him above Ward and James, no shock.  I hope he can prove me wrong.  With Smith s infatuation with quarters coverage, playing Minkah outside would be a lower risk gamble then a press man scheme.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Never thought about it but its an interesting comparison and a good one for Jenkins/Fitzpatrick.    Jenkins was a corner in college but converted.   Only thing lets hope it doesn't take a team change for Fitzpatrick to start playing well if we draft him :)

2 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Never thought about it but its an interesting comparison and a good one for Jenkins/Fitzpatrick.    Jenkins was a corner in college but converted.   Only thing lets hope it doesn't take a team change for Fitzpatrick to start playing well if we draft him :)

With this coaching staff, I'm not so sure having a lot of assets to CB is wise.  They play so much zone having at least 7 dlinemen who can rush the passer is pretty important. The problem with Conte is he is at least average in man coverage.  He struggles in space to read and recognize route combination. Evans was drafted  in large part for his ability to play in space and offer average run support. Now the question is do they prefer a SS in the mold of Chancellor, very good in run support and man coverage, not as good in space.  Or a Jenkins, who can play in space and nickel, but might not be the thumper in run support.  However the regime determines roles would probably reflect in the draft ranking of who is higher James or Fitzpatrick.

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

With this coaching staff, I'm not so sure having a lot of assets to CB is wise.  They play so much zone having at least 7 dlinemen who can rush the passer is pretty important. The problem with Conte is he is at least average in man coverage.  He struggles in space to read and recognize route combination. Evans was drafted  in large part for his ability to play in space and offer average run support. Now the question is do they prefer a SS in the mold of Chancellor, very good in run support and man coverage, not as good in space.  Or a Jenkins, who can play in space and nickel, but might not be the thumper in run support.  However the regime determines roles would probably reflect in the draft ranking of who is higher James or Fitzpatrick.

Great point. Or, we may not have a strong leaning preference either way but what matters more is gaining additional assets through a trade down and just drafting the player still on the board.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bringing in Wilcox and Ward shows that we preferred bigger safeties, which would lean toward James. But both guys failed miserably in our scheme. Does that push us more toward a Fitz-type safety?

Just watched the video on Fitz. Honestly, it kinda got me pumped up a bit. You have a valid point here, but I think James is far better than either of those two. In the NFL you need rangy cover guys. If we take Fitz and put him at FS, I definitely think Evans could be a solid SS for us and as the video mentions for the Browns, I think we get better at 2 positions, not just 1. Evans is also a better cover guy than Peppers IMO and we know he can lay some wood. Some of this pick also depends on if our front office feels Evans will be a better player at FS or SS. Bottom line, if one of the Big 3 are not available at 7, trade down to 12 or something and take either Fitz or James while having added another pick.

42 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Trevor's Cover 3 he wrote back in February is what helped sell me on Fitz.

https://www.pewterreport.com/cover-3-bucs-secondary-needs-new-identity-bama-db-fitzpatrick-help/2/

He does an excellent film breakdown in it.

Alright, alright I acknowledge there s a chance Minkah could be the pick and all the bro luv just starts to flow again.  ?

After reading on Walterfootball. It looks like 3 teams are really wanting to trade up (Bills, Dolphins, Cardinals) 

I don't see Donald, Rosen, Allen there at our pick, but Mayfield might be. I do see Bills trading to the Giants pick if Donald is, in fact, the 1st pick for the Browns. 

Do you guys think that one of these teams would trade up to our pick for Baker?

18 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

After reading on Walterfootball. It looks like 3 teams are really wanting to trade up (Bills, Dolphins, Cardinals) 

I don't see Donald, Rosen, Allen there at our pick, but Mayfield might be. I do see Bills trading to the Giants pick if Donald is, in fact, the 1st pick for the Browns. 

Do you guys think that one of these teams would trade up to our pick for Baker?

I think the Jets take Mayfield at three.

Archived