Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I m probably over thinking it with Key because of Mingo busting.  I thought I read he is getting finger surgery.  I think Key will be more athetic then Chubb, which I know doesnt guarantee better success.

Hopefully it pushes him up the draft and Indy prefers him over Chubb.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Too bad we can't somehow grab Chubb AND Minkah Fitzpatrick. That would be amazing.

At least Evans is developing.  I really cant stomach Conte trying to cover in  man anymore.  I like Fitzpatrick, but he would be near the bottom half of my 10.  I think he will be the first safety off the boarx.

On ‎2017‎/‎12‎/‎10 at 4:24 PM, ravishingone said:

At least Evans is developing.  I really cant stomach Conte trying to cover in  man anymore.  I like Fitzpatrick, but he would be near the bottom half of my 10.  I think he will be the first safety off the boarx.

Not really a fan of Fitzpatrick since we have Evans. If we touch any safety, which I hope is NOT the case it should be Derwin James. But he doesn't even make sense because he is a FS all the way and Evans is not a box SS.

On ‎2017‎/‎12‎/‎10 at 4:50 PM, ravishingone said:

Big game Thursday night, Denver @ Indy.  

I'm starting to think Indy will take Barkley at 4. Chubb just isn't a fit for the 3-4 defense but I said the same about Joey Bosa and he's killing it so who knows. Arden Key needs to kill the combine so we can get our guy.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It really is a shame we're gonna miss out on Barkley. Because god damn.

I feel your pain. However, the drop off after Chubb is drastic. The drop off after Barkley isn’t. Barkley may become dirty, but so could Chubb and we can find another very good RB. Plus, if they both reach elite status. Chubb will almost certainly have a longer career.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Vita Vea doesn't impress me at all. I'd read that he was a huge guy that can move; ie Haloti Ngata. But he hasn't today. I was hoping we'd have a chance to take him in the second. 

This is the first time I've seen him play.  It sure looks like they are using him to 2 gap and eat up blockers.  For some reason, he lines up pretty far from the LOS in almost a 4 point stance.  I think he has some quickness because he chased McSorley outside the pocket in the first half.  They use him in line stunts, but it looks like Vea is asked to just barrel into a double team.  ?  I would have interest in the 2nd round,

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

This is the first time I've seen him play.  It sure looks like they are using him to 2 gap and eat up blockers.  For some reason, he lines up pretty far from the LOS in almost a 4 point stance.  I think he has some quickness because he chased McSorley outside the pocket in the first half.  They use him in line stunts, but it looks like Vea is asked to just barrel into a double team.  ?  I would have interest in the 2nd round,

He looks like he's just shadowing the oline. And his get off has been awful. I haven't seen him use his hands or his size to do anything.

And he seems to sub out a lot. I don't know if that's scheme or him needing a breather often.

It's only one game. And it doesn't define his season. But I'm not terribly impressed with what I've seen so far today.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He looks like he's just shadowing the oline. And his get off has been awful. I haven't seen him use his hands or his size to do anything.

And he seems to sub out a lot. I don't know if that's scheme or him needing a breather often.

It's only one game. And it doesn't define his season. But I'm not terribly impressed with what I've seen so far today.

I dont see him as a 3-4 NT, a possible 5 technique, but I think his best is a 4-3 NT.  I just dont like his stance, it screams of just holding up at the point of attack as opposed to shooting a gap.  I kind of hope Barkley goes to the AFC, he is going to be a beast.

Archived