Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's not a fan of Barkley at all.

Got to give him credit for his unwavering view on Barkley.  He believes he s more likely to be Felix Jones.  I dont agree, on his evaluation, I 'll be happy if he falls to 7.  Actually the prospect I m going to watch in the pros is Vea.  What did I miss or was I right? In the end we 're all idiots when arguably the greatest QB gets drafted in the 6th round.  ?

On 4/21/2018 at 7:56 AM, bucsfan333 said:

There are far more of you that want James. ?

I think I'm one of the few who actually has them graded pretty equally.

They offer different skill sets, but both are much needed in our secondary. Would be happy with either one at #7 or further back...

Wondering where you guys think Josh Sweat will go. As a FSU fan I think he will be better in the NFL as he wasn’t used up to his skill set at Florida State. He was asked more to hold the run rather then pin his ears back and get after the quarterback.

However he has injury issues for example his surgically repaired knee and back issues. He came in and lit up the combine but do injuries push him down the board like Andrew Billings a couple years back. 

I remember watching and i couldn’t believe Billings fell as far as he did. I was hoping the Bucs would draft him but obviously never did.

25 minutes ago, What_The_Buc said:

Wondering where you guys think Josh Sweat will go. As a FSU fan I think he will be better in the NFL as he wasn’t used up to his skill set at Florida State. He was asked more to hold the run rather then pin his ears back and get after the quarterback.

However he has injury issues for example his surgically repaired knee and back issues. He came in and lit up the combine but do injuries push him down the board like Andrew Billings a couple years back. 

I remember watching and i couldn’t believe Billings fell as far as he did. I was hoping the Bucs would draft him but obviously never did.

I think the Seahawks trade out of the first round and they're probably Sweat's floor wherever they end up in the second. They've got the need and the fascination with SPARQ guys.

Bob McGinn Football's Mark Eckel reports "half the scouting world" are concerned about Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson's athleticism.

Multiple scouts brought up his performance against Miami where "That (R.J.) McIntosh guy got some leverage and pushed him a couple times that concerned me about him being a top-10 pick." On the other hand, An AFC personnel director with "20-plus years of experience" said Nelson was the best guard he has scouted. A different scout brought up a unique tidbit on Nelson saying "The O-line coach at Notre Dame (was Harry Hiestand, now with the Bears) is one of the best in the business. Every year he’s got somebody that comes out high in the draft and doesn’t produce as well in the NFL."

Interesting. Maybe he does make it to us!

I have zero concerns about his athleticism as an OG. He's just fine...

57 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Interesting. Maybe he does make it to us!

I have zero concerns about his athleticism as an OG. He's just fine...

If a team s running game is based on ZBS, then yeah I can agree with the concerns athletically.  Otherwise, for me he is in that Larry Allen/Carl Nicks mold.  Those guys may not have been drafted in the top 10, but that s more of a reflection of the inexact science of the draft.

Nelson-Jensen-Marpet, I try not to get ahead of myself, but this would be awesome.

Archived