Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

1 minute ago, What_The_Buc said:

I saw in Pewter Reports most recent mock they had Licht giving up a 2nd for a 3rd this year. Could any of you see him giving up a future 1st or 2nd for a 2nd or 3rd this year.

If we can't move back in the first or second round, we might. Missing that third round pick hurts. And Licht might be drafting for his job.

45 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we can't move back in the first or second round, we might. Missing that third round pick hurts. And Licht might be drafting for his job.

It hurts potentially for the future, but since Licht is fighting for his job I dont think he could have used that pick better for production this year.  Thinking about the first round does drafting Nelson or James take care of 2 holes on the roster.  Nelson solidifies the oline so maybe Licht waits to Day 3 because in theory even an average RB should have success behind that line.  Drafting James or Minkah helps the CBs because both can line up against TEs or H backs better then Ward or Conte last season.  Plus playing quarters safeties better be able to read and react.

One of the following combo:

1st-James

2nd-Chubb/Penny

or

1st-Nelson

2nd -Bates/Oliver

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Walton before the injury was a second round prospect. Looked like a stud. 

Yep. There are actually a lot of RBs in this class that in other years might be pushed up the board, but because of circumstances (injuries, depth) this year they could slip a round.

There will be starting quality guys available in rounds 3-5.

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we haven't already, I hope we cross his name off our list.

Dude is a headcase and I wouldn't touch him because the chances he continues to screw up given his history are pushing 90%.

With that being said, if whoever drafts him can get him straightened out they're getting an absolute steal on day 3. Big time IF though...

20 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I know PFF elicits an opinion way or the other, but I thought they did a good job on this breakdown of Derwin James.

They did a nice job. Agree with their assessment, he's the new wave DB teams are looking for. Guy that can play either safety spot and can slide down to cover the slot as well. His athleticism to cover the pass catching TE's in 2nd to none.

If the big 3 are off the board (Barkley, Nelson, Chubb) he's my pick at #7...

Archived