Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

11 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I like both of these RBs. Chubb might get pushed down due to his injury history. 

I think Chubb's 40 time might hurt him. He looked noticeably slower than Michel. Unless Michel surprises with a low 4.4 or something, Chubb might not break that 4.6 ravish mentioned.

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think Chubb's 40 time might hurt him. He looked noticeably slower than Michel. Unless Michel surprises with a low 4.4 or something, Chubb might not break that 4.6 ravish mentioned.

My concern with Chubb is he may turn out to be more of a Perine.   Serviceable, tough runner, but will have difficulty making it through the line because of lack of speed.  Outside of Barkley, I just cant justify going RB until round 3.  Da Ron Payne looks like a grown *** man.  Right now Im leaning dline 1st round, oline 2nd round.  Although I will not be upset with Nelson at 7.

41 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

My concern with Chubb is he may turn out to be more of a Perine.   Serviceable, tough runner, but will have difficulty making it through the line because of lack of speed.  Outside of Barkley, I just cant justify going RB until round 3.  Da Ron Payne looks like a grown *** man.  Right now Im leaning dline 1st round, oline 2nd round.  Although I will not be upset with Nelson at 7.

The draft looks like it lines up with dline in the first, oline in the second, and RB in the third. Which is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Of course, FA could change my mind.

Although I wish we were in playoffs, I gotta say I'm pretty excited for this years draft! I think our needs might line up pretty nice with draft depth positions.

My guilty pleasure prospect at 7 is Quinton Nelson. Guy looks like a generational guard prospect, would be great to install that on the line for the next 10 years. That being said I think this year we have bigger needs and with Licht being in a prove it year he has to attack our biggest need by far and go DL in the first. Also I think we definitely take an RB in the first 3 rounds so can't seem him justifying going two offensive players again in the first 3.

Like most, Chubb is my guy in round one and I honestly think we have a decent chance of getting him. Some make it seem like he's a lock to be off the board but he's not the Myles Garret or Clowney prospect that some make it seem. And not sure I see a 3-4 defense taking him that high. We'll see. If he's gone I think we still have to go DL. Ideally if we could trade down a bit and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd and then take Key/ Ferrel but I know a trade down takes two interested parties.

Round 2 I'd say go back to DL but this time go defensive tackle. It's great to hear some say there's as many as 6 with first round grades. There's a good chance some real talent is there for us at the top of the second. Bakers gone. Geralds 30, McDonald 31. We haven't drafted a DT before the 7th round since 2013. Lets get some young blood in the room and give Gerald someone to mentor. 

Round 3 (or 2 if they love someone) has to be RB and it's gotta be the perfect year to need one. Gunna be a really fun studying these RB prospects and there are a ton of talented ones! Another positive, it just doesn't seem like there are that many teams with glaring RB needs that would justify taking them in the first 2 rounds. Some will go for sure but I think we'll have options waiting till the top of the third. 

In the 4th ideally I'd go guard if theirs someone there we like. From Koetters comments it doesn't sound like he (assuming Licht as well) see's our Oline as the liability that some of the fans do. In the secondary I really hope Grimes comes back another year! I'd still like us to pick up a CB in free agency rather then early in the draft. 

My infatuation with Chubb has cooled down as well. He is not Clowney or Garrett type freak/generationally talent at DE. So he isn’t a lock in the top 5. Pass rushers are coveted highly though especially if teams need building blocks on defense and he’d be a good start for anyone. That said he is going to be a good player for awhile and he belongs. If he falls to 7 great but if not trade back or take BPA. Not a fan of drafting guards that high when you can draft good ones later. Nelson wouldn’t upset me too much but I really want first pick to be defense. DE or DT 

Like @eggybucsfan31 has mentioned, I think Vea with a good combing can get into the top 10.  A DT that can take on double teams and have the agility to add pass rush is pretty rare and very enticing.  I dont want to like Minkah because Im so locked in on both lines, but he could be a real special CB/safety hybrid offering a ton of flexibility with coverage. The Bucs are still in a very good spot at 7.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Like @eggybucsfan31 has mentioned, I think Vea with a good combing can get into the top 10.  A DT that can take on double teams and have the agility to add pass rush is pretty rare and very enticing.  I dont want to like Minkah because Im so locked in on both lines, but he could be a real special CB/safety hybrid offering a ton of flexibility with coverage. The Bucs are still in a very good spot at 7.

Never seen him play. I’m on board with drafting a DT in the top 10 though. If they are good they usually make an impact out the gates. We have JAGS next to McCoy, add a very good DT next to him and there will be some havoc. Not a fan of Fitzpatrick because I feel like TB sorley needs an outside CB and he can’t play that. 

29 minutes ago, indifference said:

Never seen him play. I’m on board with drafting a DT in the top 10 though. If they are good they usually make an impact out the gates. We have JAGS next to McCoy, add a very good DT next to him and there will be some havoc. Not a fan of Fitzpatrick because I feel like TB sorley needs an outside CB and he can’t play that. 

Fitz doesn't look like an outside corner. But with how bad Kwon's been in coverage and how bad our safeties are overall, I think he'd make an immediate impact. He also blitzes extremely well, if Smitty ever decides to do it.

We're stuck going BPA. And if Fitzpatrick falls to seven, it's him. But I don't think he will.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Fitz doesn't look like an outside corner. But with how bad Kwon's been in coverage and how bad our safeties are overall, I think he'd make an immediate impact. He also blitzes extremely well, if Smitty ever decides to do it.

We're stuck going BPA. And if Fitzpatrick falls to seven, it's him. But I don't think he will.

Josh Jackson at 7? Lets see how fast he runs in the combine but I got a good feeling he will be a good CB in the league.

Archived