Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

• 2 weeks later...

Even if Koetter survives, I don' believe Warhop can.  Who on the oline showed progress this year?  It will be intereting to see with a new evaluator or two how the oline is shaped with guys on the roster.   I think they want a definite starter at LT before the draft.  The QB can' take blind side hits because the current LT doesn' have the foot speed or bends too much at the waist.  I just don’t see a tackle drafted early.  So will it be guard or center?  I don' rule out a move back to guard for Marpet with a new regime because arguably he was a top 3 RG last season.  I can't even remember was the last time they drafted center.  Maybe since McKay. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Even if Koetter survives, I don' believe Warhop can.  Who on the oline showed progress this year?  It will be intereting to see with a new evaluator or two how the oline is shaped with guys on the roster.   I think they want a definite starter at LT before the draft.  The QB can' take blind side hits because the current LT doesn' have the foot speed or bends too much at the waist.  I just don’t see a tackle drafted early.  So will it be guard or center?  I don' rule out a move back to guard for Marpet with a new regime because arguably he was a top 3 RG last season.  I can't even remember was the last time they drafted center.  Maybe since McKay. 

Yeah we haven't drafted a C in a long time. Its about time we stop signing cast offs and go develop one of our own guys. Marpet is actually doing a good job at C for the most part though. Bucs really are lacking a blue chip G though who wins most of his battles. I'd say if Koetter stays, we keep Marpet at C draft a guard third round. Sign a veteran LT like Solder and the offense should be fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Sony Michel: RB from Georgia

We need to address the lines in the first 2 rounds, but Michel could be a nice explosive back we find in the 3rd or 4th.

JBF or PR wrote a decent piece on him a while back.

This class is loaded at RB. Like last year, we should be able to get a good one in round three or four. There's a mock in the mock draft forum that has us getting Chubb in the third round. So anything is possible at this point.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

JBF or PR wrote a decent piece on him a while back.

This class is loaded at RB. Like last year, we should be able to get a good one in round three or four. There's a mock in the mock draft forum that has us getting Chubb in the third round. So anything is possible at this point.

I like Michel because he has been productive at a Power 5 school, but hasnt been the primary ball carrier throughout his career.  I like Ronald Jones from USC in a duo role with Barber.  The problem is I doubt Jones makes it out of the 2nd round and I'm not sure there still won't be good value at the top of the 2nd round for either line.

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I like Michel because he has been productive at a Power 5 school, but hasnt been the primary ball carrier throughout his career.  I like Ronald Jones from USC in a duo role with Barber.  The problem is I doubt Jones makes it out of the 2nd round and I'm not sure there still won't be good value at the top of the 2nd round for either line.

RoJo should be there in round 2. He is not really a carry the load type of back most teams look for in R1 but more of a change of pace guy. He could serve as a Tevin Coleman/Alvin Kamara role. Charles Sims can be let go for all I care.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

RoJo should be there in round 2. He is not really a carry the load type of back most teams look for in R1 but more of a change of pace guy. He could serve as a Tevin Coleman/Alvin Kamara role. Charles Sims can be let go for all I care.

Sims is all but gone. We don't even use him that much. And I believe he's a FA.

It's pretty obvious his 1,000 yard season was his peak, and one he isn't gonna come close to reaching again.

On 11/16/2017 at 10:21 AM, indifference said:

Yeah we haven't drafted a C in a long time. Its about time we stop signing cast offs and go develop one of our own guys. Marpet is actually doing a good job at C for the most part though. Bucs really are lacking a blue chip G though who wins most of his battles. I'd say if Koetter stays, we keep Marpet at C draft a guard third round. Sign a veteran LT like Solder and the offense should be fixed.

I agree. Aside from snapping issues early on, Marpet has been solid at center. We need about four other linemen though. Hopefully we can get at least two. Unless Pamphile gets a shot at RT and looks decent. Then hopefully Marpet and Pamphile can help hide Sweezy's inefficiency. Solder or someone else would be a solid addition at LT. Then we have a ton of guys who can battle it out at LG, including a possible draft pick.

Archived