Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

41 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I like what Marpet has done at center but man I think he's more effective at Guard. 

You're not wrong. He was a badass at guard. He's really only been a positive at center. But hopefully that's due to the position switch.

Our coaches have a philosophy of having the best 5 OL on the field at all times and that’s why Marpet was moved to C. I disagree. Put your players in the best position to succeed. If they means your best 5 OL aren’t on the field (and it’s not like we have a pro bowler riding the pine with that statement), but you have Marpet as a top 5 G vs a top 15 C, he needs to be playing at G. Simple as that.

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think Soldier hitting the market is a pipe dream, but if he does, pay him what he wants.

The Pats have a history of letting their aging "better" players walk (or trading them) rather than paying them. So it's not that unlikely.

13 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think Soldier hitting the market is a pipe dream, but if he does, pay him what he wants.

Pay Solder his 10M a season, move Marpet to RG. Draft a true C in the third round and the OL is fixed.

Solder-Smith-draft pick-Marpet-Dotson

Dotson has a 1 yr or two left. Round 4 draft OT to coach up.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Pats have a history of letting their aging "better" players walk (or trading them) rather than paying them. So it's not that unlikely.

Yeah, they traded us Mankins who was one of their better guys who still had a few good years left.

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah, they traded us Mankins who was one of their better guys who still had a few good years left.

They also traded Richard Seymour back in the day. And Jamie Collins. And Chandler Jones. And Matt Shaub. And Jimmy G.

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Time to talk big board with the Bucs, a top 5 pick is in reach.  Is it DE or nothing in the first round?  Personally, I think that is a little dangerous thinking,  Chubb and Key  above all else.  

Chubb, Key, Barkley, McGlinchey, Fitzpatrick, Payne, Nelson, Ward

Those would be my top eight, in no order.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Chubb, Key, Barkley, McGlinchey, Fitzpatrick, Payne, Nelson, Ward

Those would be my top eight, in no order.

Key makes me nervous for some reason.  Read somewhere Barkley ran a 4.33 in the spring, he is going to be so good in the pros.  I like your mention of Payne, Baker is finished and McDonald cant stay healthy.

23 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Key makes me nervous for some reason.  Read somewhere Barkley ran a 4.33 in the spring, he is going to be so good in the pros.  I like your mention of Payne, Baker is finished and McDonald cant stay healthy.

If we're picking at eight or or higher, we better go BPA. I think any of those guys would have a chance to make a big impact.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we're picking at eight or or higher, we better go BPA. I think any of those guys would have a chance to make a big impact.

I m probably over thinking it with Key because of Mingo busting.  I thought I read he is getting finger surgery.  I think Key will be more athetic then Chubb, which I know doesnt guarantee better success.

Archived