2020 KC Chiefs Offseason Events

KC_Guy

Closed - it was a weird off-season

KC Chiefs Free Agents

Players drafted

UDFA signed (preliminary - some may be just tryouts)

Tryout Players

•  

Free Agents signed

Contract Extensions

Players traded for

•  

Opted Out of 2020 Season

Reserve/COVID-19

• 88 Hifo, Aleva (WR) - re-instated - released - re-signed - released

Active/Non-Football Injury

Active/Physically Unable to Perform

Reserve PUP/Injured Reserve/Non-Football Injury

Players released/traded off

Retired

•  

The Final Cuts

Players signed to Practice Squad

Reserve/Suspended

Coaches signed or promoted

Coaches released

Front Office/Staff signed or promoted

•  

Front Office/Staff released

•  

Other Events

•  
Edited by KC_Guy
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

starting to build this now. If you have any info, find an error - please let me know.

I'm not sure about the status of Yelder & Wells - they may stiill be under contract (goiung with OTC here). Arrowheadpride definitely has them wrong as RFA.
Kemp may be an RFA, not sure about that either.

Candidates in my opinion:

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

How many of the URFA would sign a veteran minimum contract? There are several I would keep on that basis, but that basis only.

J

61 Wisniewski, Stefen (OG)
42 Sherman, Anthony (FB)
39 Ware, Spencer (RB)
64 Pennel, Mike (DT)
20 Claiborne, Morris (CB)

Not sure I'd care about Claiborne, the others: yes. Wisniewski and Pennel I alsoo sign to a regular short term deal.

Edited by KC_Guy

10 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Candidates in my opinion:

61 Wisniewski, Stefen (OG)
42 Sherman, Anthony (FB)
39 Ware, Spencer (RB)
64 Pennel, Mike (DT)
20 Claiborne, Morris (CB)

Not sure I'd care about Claiborne, the others: yes. Wisniewski and Pennel I alsoo sign to a regular short term deal.

I see Ware as a possible replacement to Sherman. He's three years younger and also blocks like a truck. Pennel proved himself. Not so sure about Claiborne. If Wisniewski can win a starting job, that's a bad thing, but he's useful depth. Matt Moore, too. I suspect that our third QB will be Shrmur, so a steady veteran will be useful. 

The big one is Chris Jones, obviously. Re-signing him has a major impact on the draft. After that Ogbah, Breeland and Fuller, in that order.

Something needs to be done about TE long term. All three of Kelce's backups are on the lists. I think this should be a draft priority.

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I see Ware as a possible replacement to Sherman. He's three years younger and also blocks like a truck. Pennel proved himself. Not so sure about Claiborne. If Wisniewski can win a starting job, that's a bad thing, but he's useful depth. Matt Moore, too. I suspect that our third QB will be Shrmur, so a steady veteran will be useful. 

The big one is Chris Jones, obviously. Re-signing him has a major impact on the draft. After that Ogbah, Breeland and Fuller, in that order.

Something needs to be done about TE long term. All three of Kelce's backups are on the lists. I think this should be a draft priority.

J

Covering all that in the roster reviews. Moore won't sign for a vet min contract after his performance this year I think. 

• 1 month later...

Had a closer look at the new CBA and in Annex V for the first time the CBA covers the formula for compensatory picks. Pretty interesting read, albeit a lot of the provisions had been discovered before by reverse engineering.

Some key facts:

• "Compensatory Free Agents" are "Unrestricted Free Agents" who sign with a new club not later than the first Monday after the draft (does not apply to Moore, Suugs, Ware).
  • Minimum annual pay 1.75 M$ in 2020 - increasing by 20k$ biannually from 2022.
  • Veteran Benefit Contracts won't count.
  • Players who played on the Franchise or Trasition tag won't count.
  • Must be in top 35% of eligible players.
  • Ranking mostly based on average annual pay. Extra valuation based of PFWA honors.

For the Chiefs that means:

• Fuller and Ogbah qualify.
  • None of the FA signings qualifies (OTC has Washington as a potential qualifier, I doubt that).
  • Don't think any of the remaining free agents will get enough to qualify. X. Williams and Shady MAY qualify moneywise, but I doubt they'll be signed prior or immediately after the draft.
Edited by KC_Guy
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...