JJ Watt to Return?

ET80

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001082015/article/jj-watt-pec-could-return-for-playoffs-or-even-sooner

Man... If he could come back and actually impact the playoffs... Wow!

This is fake news. He’s speculating because we still have an open spot. Watt isn’t gonna risk his career to come back and lose in the playoffs 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This is fake news. He’s speculating because we still have an open spot. Watt isn’t gonna risk his career to come back and lose in the playoffs 

The downside is pretty worth it. Even if he reinjures himself, so what. There would still be enough time to heal before training camp next year. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, amazingandre said:

The downside is pretty worth it. Even if he reinjures himself, so what. There would still be enough time to heal before training camp next year. 

Bingo. This is the same guy who rushed his back injury in 2016, he's simply dying to get on the field and play football.

• Like 1

I'll lose all respect for him and this organization if this actually happens.  Sure, we may not know the grade of the tear, but I know they pretty much have to lock guys with pec tears out of the weight room for 6 months after tears to the big 3 (Pec/Bicep/Triceps) because they are a rep away from reinjury and they wouldn't have torn them in the first place if they were training correctly (or without "assistance".)  He tore the thing on Oct 27th, so we'd be talking less than 3 months.  Watt is a large powerful man who certainly isn't on the couch eating bon bons, but since he most certainly should not be touching a bench press until this summer, we're talking about putting a player who can't complete a single rep vs. guys pushing 30+.  Even if you don't factor in the obvious reinjury risk, obvious risk to overcompensation injuries (um back), a one armed, strength deprived Watt is not going to beat NFL playoff tackles. 

Freaking take the time to teach Omenihu or Watkins a closing move or sit by RAC to learn to call plays for the next phase of your career like injured QBs do.  Mayo had a headset for the Pats tonight and he's only 2 years older than you. Sure, I'd rather see you put on pads in a ceremonial role rather than integrating Warring at this point, but there should be ZERO expectation that you play in a game unless we want to stick you in at TE while running out the clock in Miami in Feb.

BTW - Can we please let Justin Reid heal a few weeks please.  Dude gave his shoulder to save this team, but I don't want to see him try to tackle Derrick Henry until that thing is right. 

Edited by Apollo Stallion
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

torn pec isn't really a career threatening injury though.

This would be huge if he can indeed come back. Even if he isn't WATT just his presence on the field changes everything for us.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If Watt really does return, I think it’s 99.9% certain he plans to retire this off season. 

I am pretty certain that's the plan - if the Texans defense can make an improbable run, this could be the capstone to a HoF career.

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If Watt really does return, I think it’s 99.9% certain he plans to retire this off season. 

Can't see anything otherwise happening, constant injuries, his personal life actually catching up to him too (got engaged this year), probably loves football but wants to be able to lift his arms above his shoulders when hes 35. 

He's already guaranteed HOF. He's going to retire.