Fire Pettine

MacReady

We go from Perry, Matthews and Fackrell combining for like 20 sacks last year to Z. Smith and P. Smith combining for over 20 sacks in the first 11 games.

We go from having Clinton-Dix until the trade deadline to Brice and Campbell as our starting safeties to Savage and Amos as our starting safeties.  I think Josh Jones was our starter back there for a while, too.  Jones and Pleasant. 

King, Daniels, Clark and Greene ended the season on IR. 

This year we've been entirely healthy and missed probably like 6 games total from our defensive starters and we're allowing only 3 points less per game. 

4th and 5 and we sit back 8 yards in zone coverage. 

We are the WORST team in the NFL at big plays allowed.
We are 28th in the NFL in yards per rush. 
Somebody else get our QB rating against compared to the rest of the NFL.
Somebody else get me our Yards per pass attempt ranking. 

Fire Mike Pettine

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Somebody else get our QB rating against compared to the rest of the NFL.

GB: 91.4. league average is 91.4.  Going into this week, we're ranked #18

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Somebody else get me our Yards per pass attempt ranking.

GB: 8.2. League average is 7.3. GB rank T27

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

@Outpost31   You saw the bet I offered, where I said Pettine would still be the Packers DC at the end of the 2021 season ?  Bet is still on offer.......

My opinion is that Pettine SHOULD be fired.  Not that he WILL be fired.  I doubt he gets fired because everybody in our organization is an idiot who thinks Rodgers is 10 times more valuable and important than he actually is.

Although I’m not a big Pettine fan in 5 weeks after we run through the soft part of the schedule  the D will end up middle of the pack which playing devils advocate is a pretty big improvement over the last 3-4 years. Baring epic collapse he’ll make it to next the year.

In addition still think our D talent is still too average to expect a top 10 D. We have a lot of solid guys. I don’t see many guys who are high level pro bowl level guys . Z probably makes it this year, Clark is a fringe guy, Jaire will make a few. Other that that Amos/Preston/Blake are just solid. Savage is a rookie. King is up and down. Lowry is just okay. We have a lot of solid not special guys (which is awesome since we literally started 3 guys out of the nfl last year, but I still think expectations were too high).

Edited by pacman5252
To next year
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I refuse to give Pettine any slack .. After gute added the free agents we all thought we'd have a top 10 level defense.  The bottom line is that we aren't even close to that level despite having the talent to be much better.  We get fat against bad qb's and lit up by good ones  

The expectations of a top 10 D were a little high by some going into the year. We had an abortion of a D last year (3 starters not in the nfl this year). We added, 1 really good player (Z), 2 solids (Preston/Amos), and a rookie in Savage. Expecting us to go from bottom 5 to top 10 with essentially 4 moves was a pipe dream.

When the season is over we’ll rank out middle of the pack, which is a drastic improvement

• Like 2