Fire Pettine

MacReady

I think the issue is people don’t mind giving up big plays as long as GB is aggressive. They aren’t being aggressive, yet they are giving up big plays.

Its either aggressive and creating plays, yet giving them up... or play to keep everything in front of you and you KEEP everything in front of you.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Maybe, but realistically if we can't put up 25 on the Redskins D, we've got massive problems.

Yeah, but I don’t care about winning regular season games 32-31.  If our defense can’t keep the Saints or Niners and then the Ravens, Chiefs or Patriots to 23 points or less it doesn’t matter.  

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

We go from Perry, Matthews and Fackrell combining for like 20 sacks last year to Z. Smith and P. Smith combining for over 20 sacks in the first 11 games.

Perry, Mathews, and Fackrell did not combine for "like 20 sacks last year."

In 2018, NICK Perry had 1.5 sacks, and CLAY Matthews had 3.5, while Fackrell had 10.5 (or more than 2/3s of the combined total of 15.5 sacks combined).

Obviously Fackrell has not done squat in the pass rush through 12 games (.5 sacks), but Pettine's D should definitely be benefiting this season given that Z & P already have >20 sacks between them through 12 games.

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Although I’m not a big Pettine fan in 5 weeks after we run through the soft part of the schedule  the D will end up middle of the pack which playing devils advocate is a pretty big improvement over the last 3-4 years. Baring epic collapse he’ll make it to next the year.

In addition still think our D talent is still too average to expect a top 10 D. We have a lot of solid guys. I don’t see many guys who are high level pro bowl level guys . Z probably makes it this year, Clark is a fringe guy, Jaire will make a few. Other that that Amos/Preston/Blake are just solid. Savage is a rookie. King is up and down. Lowry is just okay. We have a lot of solid not special guys (which is awesome since we literally started 3 guys out of the nfl last year, but I still think expectations were too high).

I agreed with almost everything in this post until you said Clark is a fringe guy.   

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

My opinion is that Pettine SHOULD be fired.  Not that he WILL be fired.  I doubt he gets fired because everybody in our organization is an idiot who thinks Rodgers is 10 times more valuable and important than he actually is.

Thread Headline: Fire Pettine, 8th post is a Rodgers hate message. Find another team.

Fire Kevin King!!!!   But seriously this team needs a boost in talent at ILB and DL.  We're getting zero production from the DL. Lowry, Adams, Lancaster, and even Clark are all playing below expectations. Lowry was a waste of an extension, Adams still hasn't taken that next step, Lancaster is pretty much what he is, JAG. Just imagine how much better this defense would be if we had a inside pass rush and stout run defenders. Just imagine how better we'd be if we had a Luke Kuechly in the middle. I think one more year of the Thompson roster purge will bring better results next season. Gute has to start hitting on his draft picks. So far he's struck out on his 2018 draft class. You have to  start hitting on your 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Both Jackson and Burks are busts. All the receivers he took are not panning out. Moore is out the league, MVS is a one trick pony and St. Brown is pretty much Lazard, a big possession receiver but not a homerun threat. Constantly missing on 2nd and 3rd round talent has set this team back. 2015 Rollins/Montgomery Fackrell/2016 Jones/Adams 2017. Jackson/Burks 2018. That's a lot of misses that set us back.

When you invest that much draft capital on defense and strike out at that rate there's your problem. We've drafted so bad on defense that we had to ignore the offensive side of the ball for years causing our offense to become subpar on talent  because we're constantly redrafting draft mistakes on defense. 

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 1