week 13 dolphins eagles gdt I forgot to make sooner due to Thanksgiving

TheKillerNacho

34 minutes ago, Shashiaj70 said:

(2) 2021 1st rounders and yes we arent going to be much better next year and a potential 2nd rounder is usually enough to do it, but it always comes down to.... is the player the right fit and who you want more than anything? I think it gets us there moreso than you potentially think. :) but, honestly, i think it's worth it.... in the end, a franchise QB is worth the investment. 

Come on, is anyone gonna argue with that? we have a ton of cap space to eventually find players, retool '20 & '21 (possible use of draft capital to get a QB). But, we have been devoid of a legit franchise QB for-e-ver.... it's time to stop playing games and invest. I just cross my fingers the leadership doesn't F this up. :)

why did you quote me and not @mountainpd?

I may be ever the optimist and whilst I totally agree with doing anything we can to get the right QB but I think we will improve somewhat next year unless we go all in tank again and start trading more assets and picks.

Not sure the coaching staff would buy into another year of waving away assets. 

Lets see how it plays out but I see some shocking teams now in nfl who do not have picks or cap space so see them being worse than us and also think you will get a few more teams wanting Lawrence , ie Saints, chargers dare I say pats with their QB’s almost coming to retirement

11 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

ie Saints, chargers dare I say pats with their QB’s almost coming to retirement

While I agree to some degree with your thoughts. No doubts. But, regarding the Saints - they won't let Bridgewater leave. He is the heir apparent in New Orleans. Chargers? I think they'll take a flyer on Hebert this year. Pats are interesting tho.... If MIA passes on Tua and he falls, I think that's a team that would look at/go get him. The connection of Bill and Nick, i'm fairly sure that conversation has taken place. 

56 minutes ago, Shashiaj70 said:

While I agree to some degree with your thoughts. No doubts. But, regarding the Saints - they won't let Bridgewater leave. He is the heir apparent in New Orleans. Chargers? I think they'll take a flyer on Hebert this year. Pats are interesting tho.... If MIA passes on Tua and he falls, I think that's a team that would look at/go get him. The connection of Bill and Nick, i'm fairly sure that conversation has taken place. 

Interesting take on Teddy. I think he will want to start and want starter money, I can’t see the Saints signing him over Brees or being able to sign both. Do you see them letting Brees walk? I think he has a void contract.

9 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Interesting take on Teddy. I think he will want to start and want starter money, I can’t see the Saints signing him over Brees or being able to sign both. Do you see them letting Brees walk? I think he has a void contract.

Drew Brees is 40. I don't know why, but i feel like Teddy is ultimately going to stay put. I'm not 100% sure,  but I think Bridgewater has always had a contract with a void clause. I think he uses the ability to leave to leverage salary while riding the pine. Look at his salary now!! That's nuts for a backup - 7.2M.... hahaha! Besides, it's hard to see Payton letting him leave after what he did this year.