2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

What are the chances Willie Taggart goes back to USF, I think very great especially since he might not get the $18+ million buyout because he never "signed" a contract which would be a kick in the nuts.  Talk about easy money missed out on.  Surprised they got rid of Charlie that fast, I mean what do they actually expect there at USF, guess they wish they were UCF instead.  

9 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I hope this is finally the year ND realizes they won't win a national title under Brian Kelly and that they finally get rid of him. I'd love for the Irish to get Urban Meyer.

Brian Kelly to me is about as good as Notre Dame is going to get honestly.  The past few seasons he has had these records 10-3, 4-8, 10-3, 12-1, 10-2 and that could be 11-2 if they win the bowl game.  That is pretty freaking good for Notre Dame and he always develops a solid OL which is the corner stone of the program.  National Titles?  Good luck with that, teams want to become Alabama and or Clemson but it is simply not that easy especially when you are not in the South.  USC had it a few years back but that was because Pete Carroll  is amazing.  Kirby has something going at Georgia but they will be pissed when they get beat in the SEC title game again potentially this weekend.  And Ryan Day is probably off to the NFL after the season he has had at Ohio State, that would not surprise me.  If Notre Dame let go of Brian Kelly after how good they have been what 4 of the past 5 years that would be a mistake.  

What why would Urban Meyer get back into coaching?  He left originally because of health reasons at Florida which were BS, never seemed comfortable announcing as a job, then after leaving Ohio State he seems very comfortable announcing honestly.  Possibly he left because of all the drama with him and the former assistant WR coach.  Maybe he will get back into it but honestly why?  Didn't he already say he is done coaching?

Clay Helton is totally safe at USC I think with how well they have played this season and the young players they will have coming back.  And regardless of Tommie Frazier not believing in Scott Frost he will be back at Nebraska and could have a much better season next year with the talent they have returning potentially.  They did finish the season pretty strong in the last few games.  

Guys I could see moving on:

Mike Norvell - freaking awesome coach and great offensive mind he could easily leave to a bigger program but already has declined a few years in a row now.  

Matt Rhule - super impressed what he has done at Baylor but might be the type of guy to stick around.

Dave Aranda - really that D has been awful outside of this last game they played.  But guy is a leader and is a HC candidate all day long and could easily go especially if they do well in the Playoff

Jim Leonard - there is probably no way he leaves Wisconsin but I could see some smaller programs going after him as a head coach, doubt he does it though he is probably the HC for Wisconsin in waiting.  

Tom Allen - hard to not be impressed with what he has done at Indiana this season, but doubt he leaves, could if he continues this success next year.  

Joe Brady - just a passing game coordinator but I could see a school giving him a HC position easily, or he just goes back to the NFL as a OC.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Matt Rhule - super impressed what he has done at Baylor but might be the type of guy to stick around.

Rhule has a top 5 buyout after signing his extension.

Jimbos was around 75 million for the top. Taggart was 17 million and wasnt in the top 5. So Id guess north of 25 million since its a fresh contract for the season. Hes not going anywhere.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Clay Helton is totally safe at USC I think with how well they have played this season and the young players they will have coming back. 

SI posted earlier that Helton is out but these denials usually wind up being stalling tactics. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

SI posted earlier that Helton is out but these denials usually wind up being stalling tactics. 

Really?  That would be nuts if that happens.   The guy lost his starting QB and former FR standout JT Daniels and only replaced him with Slovis who is arguably the best true FR QB in the country.  They have St. Brown back at WR next year and Drake London true FR super star WR coming back.  On D they are very talented with Drake Jackson true freshman and SOPH studs in Hufanga, Pola-Mao along with Tufele, Gaoteote and Mauga.  Austin Jackson might be back at OT also if he does not go out to the NFL and could be a 1st or 2nd round pick even this year.  They have talent at RB also, still considering their QB situation and how great it looks for the future it would be a mistake to get rid of Helton.  For who freaking Lane Kiffin again?  This is a program that could of had Ed Orgeron and let him go, but he is a much better fit at LSU anyway but still he would have stayed at USC if they would have let him.  Sure Clay Helton is nothing great but does deserve at least another season with the solid players he has already brought in who are young and talented.  

Edited by Ozzy

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Really?  That would be nuts if that happens.   The guy lost his starting QB and former FR standout JT Daniels and only replaced him with Slovis who is arguably the best true FR QB in the country.  They have St. Brown back at WR next year and Drake London true FR super star WR coming back.  On D they are very talented with Drake Jackson true freshman and SOPH studs in Hufanga, Pola-Mao along with Tufele, Gaoteote and Mauga.  Austin Jackson might be back at OT also if he does not go out to the NFL and could be a 1st or 2nd round pick even this year.  They have talent at RB also, still considering their QB situation and how great it looks for the future it would be a mistake to get rid of Helton.  For who freaking Lane Kiffin again?  This is a program that could of had Ed Orgeron and let him go, but he is a much better fit at LSU anyway but still he would have stayed at USC if they would have let him.  Sure Clay Helton is nothing great but does deserve at least another season with the solid players he has already brought in who are young and talented.  

GettyImages-1076416096-775x465.jpg