2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

11 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Chip Long maybe.

He's been talked about. Was a GA here under Petrino but not sure his personality would get along with Pittman's. Plus I've heard he may be holding out for a head coaching job or an NFL position. Would be nice though and a really good fit scheme-wise.

I think Rich Rod would actually be a good fit too. Did a good job at Ole Miss and fits the run-first RPO style Pittman has said he prefers. He wants to use the TE though and I'm not sure if Rich Rod's offenses use it much. Kendall Briles is still out there but don't think it's the style of offense we're wanting. Another name is Brent Dearmon from Kansas who is still wet around the ears but could be a future star. Lit up the record books with the RPO in DII and wrote a book on it.

17 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

He's been talked about. Was a GA here under Petrino but not sure his personality would get along with Pittman's. Plus I've heard he may be holding out for a head coaching job or an NFL position. Would be nice though and a really good fit scheme-wise.

I think Rich Rod would actually be a good fit too. Did a good job at Ole Miss and fits the run-first RPO style Pittman has said he prefers. He wants to use the TE though and I'm not sure if Rich Rod's offenses use it much. Kendall Briles is still out there but don't think it's the style of offense we're wanting. Another name is Brent Dearmon from Kansas who is still wet around the ears but could be a future star. Lit up the record books with the RPO in DII and wrote a book on it.

Hearing it's likely Briles.

• 2 weeks later...