2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

On 18/01/2020 at 4:02 AM, Spartica4Real said:

Kris Richard rumored to be interviewing for LSU's DC spot

Recently Cowboys DB coach. Former Seahawks DC and DB coach during the Legion of Boom era. 

To be fair, he needed a bit of reputational rehab after the last couple of seasons- though I question how much was his fault. 

At the very least, LSU's D has some spectacular talent at DB from the 2019 and 2020 classes + a few decent holdovers for him to work with. A solid season or two there (probably making more money too, tbh) and he'll be a HC candidate again in no time. 

I've also missed about a week or so here.  Totally pumped over Todd Monken headed to Georgia, and James Coley getting removed as OC and not just the "co-coordinator" title being used.  Half of the battle is done, now Kirby has to let Monken install his offense and run it with autonomy.  I also think the addition of Buster Faulkner is huge, even if it's as a quality control coach (for now.)  He oversaw a top 20 passing offense at Southern Miss last year, and should be able to help Monken install said offense and also work specifically with the QBs, which will be huge getting Jamie Newman up to speed.  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've also missed about a week or so here.  Totally pumped over Todd Monken headed to Georgia, and James Coley getting removed as OC and not just the "co-coordinator" title being used.  Half of the battle is done, now Kirby has to let Monken install his offense and run it with autonomy.  I also think the addition of Buster Faulkner is huge, even if it's as a quality control coach (for now.)  He oversaw a top 20 passing offense at Southern Miss last year, and should be able to help Monken install said offense and also work specifically with the QBs, which will be huge getting Jamie Newman up to speed.  

I was gonna tag you because the whole "Kirby Smart will never revamp his offense" thing never made sense to me. Kirby was the offspring of Saban, and Saban went to a modern offense. No reason why his sith apprentice wouldn't too tbh.