2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

On 1/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was gonna tag you because the whole "Kirby Smart will never revamp his offense" thing never made sense to me. Kirby was the offspring of Saban, and Saban went to a modern offense. No reason why his sith apprentice wouldn't too tbh.

I'll believe it when I see it. Muschamp was also a Saban protege. 

On 1/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was gonna tag you because the whole "Kirby Smart will never revamp his offense" thing never made sense to me. Kirby was the offspring of Saban, and Saban went to a modern offense. No reason why his sith apprentice wouldn't too tbh.

With Monken and Faulkner, I believe the intent is there that they are going to help modernize the offense.  Will it happen?  That remains to be seen.  Coley is also out, as he is heading to TAMU.  They have a lot of pieces to make an immediate change this year though, and I'm excited to see if it happens. 

23 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. Muschamp was also a Saban protege. 

And yet he brought in Mike Bobo, who changed quite a bit of the offense he had at Georgia into more of a spread concept while at CSU.  I'm also interested to see how that plays out for them as well.  I actually wouldnt have minded Bobo coming back here, but Monken was the best option. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And yet he brought in Mike Bobo, who changed quite a bit of the offense he had at Georgia into more of a spread concept while at CSU.  I'm also interested to see how that plays out for them as well.  I actually wouldnt have minded Bobo coming back here, but Monken was the best option. 

Muschamp has brought in a number of OCs who all ran different systems. Unsurprisingly, under him, their systems all looked similar and were ineffective.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, winitall said:

Yes, it’s Division 2 but this deserves a mention in here. Not everyday an OC figures out how to get fired within a month of taking the job. 

Sometimes it's just worth taking an extra second to think about whether something is gonna be worth saying.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:44 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

They just allowed him to promote a 27 year old to offensive coordinator, so it seems Kelly is firmly entrenched at Notre Dame. 

ND is making a mistake holding on to him. They have already maxed out their potential under Kelly. I know they can do better than him.

On 28/01/2020 at 9:39 PM, MikeT14 said:

Sometimes it's just worth taking an extra second to think about whether something is gonna be worth saying.

Agreed. At least the letter he posted reads with class and accountability. The answer was in poor taste but the context was clear enough to not make a huge faux outrage over. He said multiple times that the guy was terrible and with terrible motives. 

My question is whether anyone will ever bat an eye if someone says they want to learn defensive strategies from Gregg Williams. Yes, the two are hardly equal, but if people are that willing to take context and yeet it into the next county all bets are off. 

Sucks for Coach Berger as this is probably a career killer, and it really didn't have to be. Like you said, an extra second or two....

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Agreed. At least the letter he posted reads with class and accountability. The answer was in poor taste but the context was clear enough to not make a huge faux outrage over. He said multiple times that the guy was terrible and with terrible motives. 

My question is whether anyone will ever bat an eye if someone says they want to learn defensive strategies from Gregg Williams. Yes, the two are hardly equal, but if people are that willing to take context and yeet it into the next county all bets are off. 

Sucks for Coach Berger as this is probably a career killer, and it really didn't have to be. Like you said, an extra second or two....

this... is a bad post

• Like 4

On 1/31/2020 at 2:10 AM, candyman93 said:

Kinda forgot Dave Borbely was at Pitt. Phenomenal offensive line coach.

That program is a complete mess though and I’ll be surprised if Narduzzi survives 1-2 more years.

Sorry I missed this one. Pat Narduzzi is my most hated ACC coach. Dude is so obnoxious. Love when we beat them and I can just listen to him whine and complain. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, winitall said:

Yes, it’s Division 2 but this deserves a mention in here. Not everyday an OC figures out how to get fired within a month of taking the job. 

Heck man at my alma mater a few years ago. Its a D2 program that was in the same conference with GVSU but they left it a couple of years ago. They fired the HC. They have a pretty lengthy hiring process. They hire a guy. Within 6weeks, they fire him. The very strong rumors were he was sleeping or trying to sleep with the female athletes within the other programs.