SNF: Patriots vs Texans GDT

Texansfan713

10 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

The Patriots are nose diving to hell at this point. 

Nah, not falling for this. You guys got posterized by Marcus Mariota last year and still figured things out enough by the time the playoffs came along. No reason to think the Pats are the only dog in town in the AFC like it was threatening to look early in the season but still feel like we're basically looking at 3 co-favorites in the AFC right now between the Ravens, Pats, and Chiefs. 

14 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

The Texans can definitely beat anybody on their day, and with DeShaun you're never out of it. But I just don't know that I'd trust Bill O'Brien to bring it 3 weeks in a row come January. 

Fair assessment. Reid vs O'Brien in the playoffs would be a conundrum, to say the least...

4 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Nah, not falling for this. You guys got posterized by Marcus Mariota last year and still figured things out enough by the time the playoffs came along. No reason to think the Pats are the only dog in town in the AFC like it was threatening to look early in the season but still feel like we're basically looking at 3 co-favorites in the AFC right now between the Ravens, Pats, and Chiefs. 

That was a game where everything went wrong. This feels a little different, never seen the offense look so out of sync with little sign it will get better. 

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

That was a game where everything went wrong. This feels a little different, never seen the offense look so out of sync with little sign it will get better. 

I suspect by playoff time Brady's going to have a much better rapport with Sanu. Guy was acquired midseason and then almost immediately got hit with an ankle injury that limited his ability to practice, and it definitely shows right now. Assuming that relationship trends in the right direction, you have 2 solid receivers in Edelman and Sanu that Brady will be able to trusth, and then the possible X-Factor of the light switch going on for either Harry or Meyers, which, with a HoF QB and coaching staff feels very doable.

All it takes is a big play here or there that you wouldn't ordinarily expect in single-game elimination to turn the tables. Now, I don't expect the Pats offense to be some explosive juggernaut, but certainly good enough come playoff time to stand up alongside a dominant defense.

19 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I have AJ Brown, Slayton, P Williams, and Harry on a keeper fantasy league. At this point I’d probably keep all three over Harry. 

It's impossible to know what to do with NE weapons. White is a good example of that - one week can get 13 overall touches, 3TDs etc, then the next week he rolls a dohnut in favor of Burkhead. Not quite as drastic for WRs, but it happens as well.