Most Disappointing Units

BleedTheClock

Raiders: QB - below par game manager that is extremely predictable in his game. Carr cannot improvise, throw receivers open, Can’t hit tight windows, never takes chances to let his receiver make a play on the ball. Bottom line is he is nothing more than a poor mans Alex Smith. He has to have elite pass protection, excellent run game and weapons for everything to go right. His entire game is one read nothing there then check down. As somebody said in our forum he is just robotic. He is Does not have the mentality to put everything on his back and try to win. He crumbles  as soon as something goes wrong. 
Carr does not elevate the players around him and make them better. 
It’s just frustrating watching this crap in year 6. He is broken and is not the answer to try and build a championship caliber team.

- Our linebacker unit is made up of 3rd string and practice squad players it’s just sad and pathetic and needs a complete overhaul

5 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

The Rams OL: we lost Sullivan and Saffold. We've had tons of injuries. It's just been a mess all season. We've really not had one player who you could say has even played average. We're struggling to run the ball, the pass protection is non-existent. It's really hindered us this season, more so than anything else. Goff and Gurley really haven't had much support. It's a credit to them, more so Goff, that we're 7-5. It needs to be addressed in the off-season. 

The Rams OL, with the 23rd ranked 'Power Rank', and 26th Stuffed ranking, it's impressive that Gurley is still maintaining a 4.2 YPC Avg, and 8 TDs, yet the Jets OL, with an outstanding  #3 Ranked 'Power Rank', yet 26th ranked Stuffed ranking, one would think with someone as supposedly 'talented' as LeVeon Bell, would fair better, yet with less total ydg and a full yd lower avg of 3.2 YPC, and less than half (3) TDs, I fail to see why Bell constantly gets a free pass for his poor play this year, yet somehow, Gurley's thought to have 'lost a step'... 

Point being-- the Jet's Run unit would have to be one of the most disappointing.

The Steelers' Run unit would be almost as disappointing; but they've been greatly hampered by injuries, and, well, their top 3 RB salaries combined are barely 25% of Bell's Cap Hit this season, so, there's that...

...good thing Bell 'reset' the market for RBs!  I'm sure Jets fans are thrilled with contract right about now...I have nothing against the Jets, whatsoever, and feel bad for them, it's almost as bad as the dead money hit the Steelers took with AB this season...>:(

Preseason Super Bowl Champion Cleveland Browns aka Eliminated from Playoffs by the team that both started it and finished it Cleveland Browns have got to top the list. They are probably looking at finishing 8-8 at best probably worse and their QB has given them more questions than answers not to mention their HC is a confused moron.

19 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Yards doesn't matter. The goal of the game is to put up points. In theory, you'd love your defense to give up less yards to set-up your offense with better field position but that is a fairly greedy ask. If the defense isn't giving up points, they are doing their job.

If NE was bottom 3 in bulk yardage, it doesn't matter if the other team isn't converting that yardage into points. I didn't watch a ton of NE so couldn't reconcile that off head. Would guess they were elite at redzone defense, turnovers, or both. 

And I would be more comfortable too with one of the best defenses of all time. 

Yeah if you think a D that gives up the 3rd most yards in total of anyone, 2nd most yards per play, 3rd most yards per rush, 3rd most passing yards and the 7th most yards per pass is a GOOD defense, then I'll leave you to it

The offense that year was top 10 in nearly every metric. 1st in yards, 2nd in scoring, 4th in TDs, 1st in first downs etc. That would have made our D's opponents pretty one-dimensional. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

Steelers OL has been a letdown, a major fall off from last season.  Losing Munchak has to be the reason why, but how does the unit fall off that much so quickly. They have played a bit better lately, but this really surprised us on our forum.  We were hoping the Vet OL would step up since losing the HOF QB,  and some other players over the course of the offseason.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah if you think a D that gives up the 3rd most yards in total of anyone, 2nd most yards per play, 3rd most yards per rush, 3rd most passing yards and the 7th most yards per pass is a GOOD defense, then I'll leave you to it

The offense that year was top 10 in nearly every metric. 1st in yards, 2nd in scoring, 4th in TDs, 1st in first downs etc. That would have made our D's opponents pretty one-dimensional. 

Then why couldn't the other teams convert the yards to points? Tampas offense last year was 3rd in yards. Did they have a great offense? 

On 12/2/2019 at 1:44 PM, Spartacus said:

Packers Corners: Jaire Alexander was a rising star while Kevin King just needed to stay healthy. Josh Jackson & Tramon Williams would round out the depth. Safeties which were extremely weak last year have been replaced by a 1st round pick in Savage (Been pretty good) & Adrian Amos (Been really good and probably our most consistent member of the secondary). Also added a pretty potent pass rush to along with it. 

Instead secondary is roasted constantly. Jaire is good at times but can take risks that cause big plays to occur. Kevin King gets interceptions when he is in position but too bad he is only in position once every 10 plays. He is continually picked on week in and out. Tramon has been solid in the slot but is old and doesn't have the legs anymore. Seems like he gets burnt at least once a game.  Josh Jackson joins the long list of Packers 2nd round picks we can throw in the trash heap. Really disappointing year IMO for what many thought would be an extremely talented group. 

You have a CB that gets an interception every 10 plays? What in the world are you complaining about? (I kid)

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Raiders WRs have to be the least talented of any single position group in the NFL. 1 truly verified NFL WR (probably best suited as a 3rd or 4th option) and a bunch of guys who teams either got rid of or were on practice squads. But hey, we're bound to find Wes Welker eventually, right?

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Semantics. Did they have a better offense than New England had defense?

No, it's not semantics, you're now putting words into my mouth. Opposite of great is probably something like terrible, right? And as I've already told you, I don't think the Ds under MP were terrible. This is boring now. Ciao.

14 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No, it's not semantics, you're now putting words into my mouth. Opposite of great is probably something like terrible, right? And as I've already told you, I don't think the Ds under MP were terrible. This is boring now. Ciao.

You literally said that they weren't good as the 5th best scoring defense because they gave up a lot of yards. 

What does the opposite of great have anything to do with this? If they aren't great then that doesn't mean they have to be the opposite of that. They could be average, below average, etc. I just struggle to wrap my head around how a defense isn't good that is top 5 in scoring defense. A defense's objective is to not give up points and they were objectively the 5th best at that in 2017. I agree this is boring because you have no interest in letting me know why any defense can be that good at limiting the opposition's points while not being a good defense. 

On 12/2/2019 at 9:43 AM, Gannon12 said:

Raiders: QB - below par game manager that is extremely predictable in his game. Carr cannot improvise, throw receivers open, Can’t hit tight windows, never takes chances to let his receiver make a play on the ball. Bottom line is he is nothing more than a poor mans Alex Smith. He has to have elite pass protection, excellent run game and weapons for everything to go right. His entire game is one read nothing there then check down. As somebody said in our forum he is just robotic. He is Does not have the mentality to put everything on his back and try to win. He crumbles  as soon as something goes wrong. 
Carr does not elevate the players around him and make them better. 
It’s just frustrating watching this crap in year 6. He is broken and is not the answer to try and build a championship caliber team.

- Our linebacker unit is made up of 3rd string and practice squad players it’s just sad and pathetic and needs a complete overhaul

I hope the Raiders cut him in the offseason.

So they will regret it down the line for not believing in him. 

Eagles WRs

• DeSean decided to tough out a sports hernia type deal -> 1 game + 1 series played all year
    • He had surgery on November 5th instead of September 10th
  • Jeffrey has missed 3 games and played 6 snaps in another.
  • Agholor has dropped 2 TDs that would have tied or won games late.
  • Everyone else has been dreadful
  • 4 TDs by WRs in week 1 and 7 in the 11 games since

The expectation in preseason was that what we saw in week 1 would be the offense most of the year. 15 catches 240+ yards and 4 TDs  (Alshon ran in the 4th on a shovel pass)