MNF: Vikings at Seahawks GDT

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, animaltested said:

Hey everyone, remember last year (2018) before the season, everyone was predicting Seattle would be 4-12, 5-11. You know the post Legion of Boom crumbling.

Seattle is now 20-8 in the post LOB era.

Who in the hell in their right mind was predicting that?? Probably blind haters. And believe me, I'm a Seahawks hater, I would love nothing more than to see them fade. But I'm not blind.

They have a good coach and a great quarterback. That alone will keep you around .500 and in the playoff mix every year.

The Seahawks are one of those teams where I only take out of the Super Bowl contender discussion when they are mathematically eliminated.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Dafuq how much does homie gotta do? Put up 40 points? How about the defense not play like a piece of **** for a half? 

People with strong opinions one way or the other about Kirk are gonna see what they want to see, because he gives each side enough ammunition for either opinion. But the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Did he piss his pants and choke the game away with turnovers? No. But did he take command of the field, find the soft spots in the defense, and throw dart after dart? Also no.

But yeah, "choking" is way harsh of a descriptor for Kirk's night.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

The niners are now a 10-2 five seed lol

My pain is harsher

it's gonna be ok my friend we got that W for you that you are gonna sorely need to get back into the top seeds in 2 weeks.   yOU get that dub the falcons get that 2nd pick in the draft for chase young and we call it even ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

A 13-3 5 seed traveling to a 9-7 or 8-8 4 seed, while unlikely since it would means 49ers and Seahawks going a combined 5-1 against tough competition before week 17 (and the 12-3 team winning), might just be what it would take for NFL to change HFA in the postseason to best record.

Ehhh. As a 49ers fan, the way I see it is you just have to win your division, and not complain about competition. That should always be the number one goal, win the division, and worry about seeding later. Also, seeding by record would just make NFL rivalries less meaningful. It would make the division crown less meaningful. Imagine if the Vikings won the division crown, and the Packers got in as a wildcard, but due to record both were hosting a playoff game the same weekend against two opponents. Then who cares about a division crown. 

If things didn't change after the 11-5 Saints had to visit the 7-9 Seahawks for a wild card game, then things probably won't change. Also, these type of years when a division is so utterly pathetic is quite rare. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

A 13-3 5 seed traveling to a 9-7 or 8-8 4 seed, while unlikely since it would means 49ers and Seahawks going a combined 5-1 against tough competition before week 17 (and the 12-3 team winning), might just be what it would take for NFL to change HFA in the postseason to best record.

I really hope they dont. Winning your division is an advantage. It adds spice to the regular season. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I really hope they dont. Winning your division is an advantage. It adds spice to the regular season. 

What? No it doesn't. It makes no sense to reward a middling team that just happen to be lucky enough to play in a pisspoor division that no team wants to win.

If you win the division, your crappy team can still be in the playoffs, fine. But you don't automatically get a home game.

You want added spice? A team can't just be fat and happy by getting to 9 or 10 wins and taking their division. They might have to fight to the end if they want to get a home game.