MNF: Vikings at Seahawks GDT

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, DannyB said:

What? No it doesn't. It makes no sense to reward a middling team that just happen to be lucky enough to play in a pisspoor division that no team wants to win.

If you win the division, your crappy team can still be in the playoffs, fine. But you don't automatically get a home game.

You want added spice? A team can't just be fat and happy by getting to 9 or 10 wins and taking their division. They might have to fight to the end if they want to get a home game.

what is literally all the debate and stress in the west about? in the north?

thats right. who can win the division 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

what is literally all the debate and stress in the west about? in the north?

thats right. who can win the division 

Of course. Which would still be the case if winning your division automatically got you a trip to the playoffs. That's THE most important thing.

6 hours ago, Dome said:

Dry eyes, hopefully not season ending 

Dalvin Cook expected to play next week.

"No matter if I get injured or not, I can't turn the ball over. I hold myself 1000% responsible for not turning the ball over. I pride myself on not turning the ball over. I can't put myself in that situation when I turn the ball over. And that's what they pride themselves on. You can't give them gimmes. And I gave them a gimme before the half. I've got to take care of the football and I think we'll be all right."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28215102/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-avoids-serious-injury-shoulder%3fplatform=amp

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

A 13-3 5 seed traveling to a 9-7 or 8-8 4 seed, while unlikely since it would means 49ers and Seahawks going a combined 5-1 against tough competition before week 17 (and the 12-3 team winning), might just be what it would take for NFL to change HFA in the postseason to best record.

Any changes that resemble the NBA arent going to be positive ones.

what if a division is really tough, and all teams are solid. A 10-6 record there could mean more than an 11-5 record (as a wild card) where 2 teams are bottom feeders.

Winning a division in the NFL actually means something. Taking away the reward would make division races less meaningful.

Look at the NBA. Why to they still even have divisions. They dont mean anything anymore.

The punishment for this divisional team getting the 4 seed is that they have to play that WC team with the best record. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

OK, I went to sleep with Vikings winning 17-10 and wake up to a 37-30 loss. I also know this game was @Seattle. So tell me...what outrageously lucky and/or semi-corrupt piece of officiating helped get Seattle over the line? We all know there was one.

Seahawks came out in the 2nd half in their Packers Uniforms.  The refs had no choice but to throw flags on every play for the Seahawks.  Sad to see this is how the NFL has become.

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Any changes that resemble the NBA arent going to be positive ones.

what if a division is really tough, and all teams are solid. A 10-6 record there could mean more than an 11-5 record (as a wild card) where 2 teams are bottom feeders.

Winning a division in the NFL actually means something. Taking away the reward would make division races less meaningful.

Look at the NBA. Why to they still even have divisions. They dont mean anything anymore.

The punishment for this divisional team getting the 4 seed is that they have to play that WC team with the best record. 

Yes, the less the NFL is like the NBA the better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Dafuq how much does homie gotta do? Put up 40 points? How about the defense not play like a piece of **** for a half? 

Look this is a guy that was being praised as an MVP candidate by some on this board. He also has a history of crumbling in high pressure situations. He had a perfect chance to pull off a comeback win last night with a few minutes left and 3 timeouts. Instead he threw 3 straight incompletions and all 3 throws were completely off the mark. If he is going to rid this label he better start putting the team on his back against quality teams in this type of situation. This isn't like it was just some random one off situation, this is like 7 years of him doing this now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Look this is a guy that was being praised as an MVP candidate by some on this board. He also has a history of crumbling in high pressure situations. He had a perfect chance to pull off a comeback win last night with a few minutes left and 3 timeouts. Instead he threw 3 straight incompletions and all 3 throws were completely off the mark. If he is going to rid this label he better start putting the team on his back against quality teams in this type of situation. This isn't like it was just some random one off situation, this is like 7 years of him doing this now.

Pretty sure the only folks promoting Kirk Cousins as an MVP candidate were Vikings fans.

49 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

You should go back and watch the game. What you described didn't happen. Cousins didn't throw three straight incompletions on that series at all. Z7ISKpn.jpgCousins started off with a huge strike to Rudolph. The following pass on the next first down was to nobody down the left side, as it just looked like miscommunication between the receiver and QB. Cousins had a good pass to Mattison in the flat right afterward for 7 yards. On 3rd down, Cousins' pass to Treadwell over the middle was tipped at the line by Ziggy Ansah, which screwed up the delivery. The final pass on 4th down, was the one you could blame on Cousins. It was wide to Irv Smith. Seahawks corner Akeem King had tight coverage on Smith, but Cousins should have placed the ball in a better spot. 

I understand the criticism on Cousins for failing to deliver in big games, but this was not the game to push that narrative. Cousins played fairly well, and that was dealing with a defense that give up a boatload of points in the second half, and receivers that had a few easy drops they should have snagged. Cousins also didn't have any turnover worthy throws, and wasn't sacked at all. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

You should go back and watch the game. What you described didn't happen. Cousins didn't throw three straight incompletions on that series at all. Z7ISKpn.jpgCousins started off with a huge strike to Rudolph. The following pass on the next first down was to nobody down the left side, as it just looked like miscommunication between the receiver and QB. Cousins had a good pass to Mattison in the flat right afterward for 7 yards. On 3rd down, Cousins' pass to Treadwell over the middle was tipped at the line by Ziggy Ansah, which screwed up the delivery. The final pass on 4th down, was the one you could blame on Cousins. It was wide to Irv Smith. Seahawks corner Akeem King had tight coverage on Smith, but Cousins should have placed the ball in a better spot. 

My apologies I forgot about the throw to Rudolph to start the drive. After that is when we saw typical overwhelmed Cousins. That's when we saw the big miscommunication/errant throw, then the dump off pass to Mattison, then we saw Cousins throw a ball into Ansah's grasp for a tipped ball, then he finished the drive with an inaccurate ball to Irv Smith. So if we commend him for throwing 1 first down, which I admittedly forgot to do, he still left a ton to be desired on that final drive.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I understand the criticism on Cousins for failing to deliver in big games, but this was not the game to push that narrative. Cousins played fairly well, and that was dealing with a defense that give up a boatload of points in the second half, and receivers that had a few easy drops they should have snagged. Cousins also didn't have any turnover worthy throws, and wasn't sacked at all. 

Yes the criticism is there for a reason. This game included. He's not being payed the amount he is to do fairly well in big games such as this. He is making the kind of money where it is expected that he will pull one of these games out every now and again. Lets be real here for a moment in regards to Cousins game against the Seahawks. Up until that last drive it was a mediocre at best performance, not horrible by any means, but far from good as well. He led the Vikings offense to 24 points, which isn't horrible in and of itself. He also had the interception that I suppose could be considered a great play by the Seahawks defender, but if we disregard the interception, I'd say scoring on a completely busted coverage equals that out on the Treadwell touchdown, just about every starting QB is expected to be able to make that play when a WR has no defender within 15 yards of him. Cousins QB Rating for the night was 87.2, and he completed 57% of his passes. Everything about this performance screams mediocre, but the end of it is truly what bothers me most about the performance. As mentioned earlier, he doesn't deliver in crunch time against quality opponents. This game exemplifies that. He had a big chance to win it, but didn't deliver the goods yet again.

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Dalvin Cook expected to play next week.

"No matter if I get injured or not, I can't turn the ball over. I hold myself 1000% responsible for not turning the ball over. I pride myself on not turning the ball over. I can't put myself in that situation when I turn the ball over. And that's what they pride themselves on. You can't give them gimmes. And I gave them a gimme before the half. I've got to take care of the football and I think we'll be all right."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28215102/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-avoids-serious-injury-shoulder%3fplatform=amp

Vikings fans never been so happy to have a RB that cries easily 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

My apologies I forgot about the throw to Rudolph to start the drive. After that is when we saw typical overwhelmed Cousins. That's when we saw the big miscommunication/errant throw, then the dump off pass to Mattison, then we saw Cousins throw a ball into Ansah's grasp for a tipped ball, then he finished the drive with an inaccurate ball to Irv Smith. So if we commend him for throwing 1 first down, which I admittedly forgot to do, he still left a ton to be desired on that final drive.

Yes the criticism is there for a reason. This game included. He's not being payed the amount he is to do fairly well in big games such as this. He is making the kind of money where it is expected that he will pull one of these games out every now and again. Lets be real here for a moment in regards to Cousins game against the Seahawks. Up until that last drive it was a mediocre at best performance, not horrible by any means, but far from good as well. He led the Vikings offense to 24 points, which isn't horrible in and of itself. He also had the interception that I suppose could be considered a great play by the Seahawks defender, but if we disregard the interception, I'd say scoring on a completely busted coverage equals that out on the Treadwell touchdown, just about every starting QB is expected to be able to make that play when a WR has no defender within 15 yards of him. Cousins QB Rating for the night was 87.2, and he completed 57% of his passes. Everything about this performance screams mediocre, but the end of it is truly what bothers me most about the performance. As mentioned earlier, he doesn't deliver in crunch time against quality opponents. This game exemplifies that. He had a big chance to win it, but didn't deliver the goods yet again.

This post is embarrassing for you. It's like you didn't watch the game and if you did you had no idea what you were watching.

• Like 6