• New England Patriots
    • New Orleans Saints
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Other

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Saints.

Ravens and 49ers both seem almost too hot. I feel whenever a team truly dominates the reg season like them, gets all the headlines and hype, they seldom get the storybook ending.... but I mean if I was just just going off of pure football and what we’ve seen, Ravens have looked the best and look poised for SB run especially if they get HFA since they’ve got a good one... but I gotta go a bit off feel if I’m trying to pinpoint who exactly among the handful of good to great teams comes out on top, and that to me is the Saints. They’ve been knocking on the door to get back for years, and have a complete and experienced team, veteran HC, and D that has shown it is capable of high level play.

I feel like you and I end up agreeing a lot. I like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

To be honest the teams I’m feeling have that “destiny feel” to them are the Ravens and the Vikings. I don’t think the 49ers recapture their HFA over the rest of the teams and that bites them when they have to play against a team with rest and on the road.

I’m a Ravens fan so my bias tells me we would win, but I honestly am very afraid of the Vikings. They’ve played in some tough moments recently and I think they’re going to be battle tested via playoff adversity.

I predict the 49ers beat NO in the division round and then lose to the Vikings in the NFCCG.

I'm all in on the Kirk Cousins being better hype train....but going from always shrinking in big games to making the Super Bowl is a really, really big stretch. He's made strides this year though, that's for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Washed up? NEs offense was going far better last year imo. 

No argument there, I am just quoting what literally everybody else was saying at the time. It was all over social media, NFL talk shows, etc.

My point wasn't to say NE is going to do it again, I doubt they will.

My point is that KC was the team everyone said was unstoppable last year, and they got got. By comparison, KC looked far superior to NE last year according to, well, the internet.

18 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Saints.

Ravens and 49ers both seem almost too hot. I feel whenever a team truly dominates the reg season like them, gets all the headlines and hype, they seldom get the storybook ending.... but I mean if I was just just going off of pure football and what we’ve seen, Ravens have looked the best and look poised for SB run especially if they get HFA since they’ve got a good one... 

Curiously, do people still think this about the Ravens if Lamar gets hurt? Are the Ravens still a good team without Lamar?

but I gotta go a bit off feel if I’m trying to pinpoint who exactly among the handful of good to great teams comes out on top, and that to me is the Saints. They’ve been knocking on the door to get back for years, and have a complete and experienced team, veteran HC, and D that has shown it is capable of high level play.

Fundamentally, we know the saints are. How many weeks was Brees out for again, and what was Teddy's record during that time?

Edited by lolsurebro
for clarity/quoting

9 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm all in on the Kirk Cousins being better hype train....but going from always shrinking in big games to making the Super Bowl is a really, really big stretch. He's made strides this year though, that's for sure.

True. But I feel like their run with that early season adversity reminds me of the Ravens 2012 run where there was a “mutiny”. Clearly they haven’t had that but the Kirk Cousins as the weakness narrative and then him turning it on and becoming an MVP caliber performer... how the team has come together... it just feels pretty special.

I think we’re going to see our very first Purple Bowl.

6 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

No argument there, I am just quoting what literally everybody else was saying at the time. It was all over social media, NFL talk shows, etc.

My point wasn't to say NE is going to do it again, I doubt they will.

My point is that KC was the team everyone said was unstoppable last year, and they got got. By comparison, KC looked far superior to NE last year according to, well, the internet.

True. But they lost in overtime with a coach that consistently has underperformed in big moments. Not sure you can say the same with Harbaugh’s track record in the playoffs. That’s what gives me confidence moving forward. If it becomes a big moment, I feel every part of this team has proven they can perform under that adversity. Be it a needed 3rd down conversion against the Cardinals. A 4th and 1 stop of the 9ers (granted they should’ve given it to Mostert). Or Harbaugh going for it on 4th down against the Seahawks and Lamar making him look great with a TD run.

Whereas the Chiefs were seemingly unstoppable offensively, so I get your point, just saying the difference between the coaching and defense definitely gave me pause last season on that front.

1 hour ago, lolsurebro said:

People said the same thing about the Chiefs last year. It was almost this exact scenario with them last year.

Everything clicked, they had explosive plays, MVP of the league, etc...

Yet somehow, washed-up, old-man-falling-off-a-cliff Brady and the struggling-to-find-their-momentum Pats managed to scrape by with the AFCCG and went on to win another superbowl.

The counter to that argument is that Bellick knows how to beat exceptional QBs like Mahomes (i.e. Payton Manning). I think its much harder to beat a team like the Ravens because of the unique-ness of their offensive. He needs speed at the LB position and the ability to stop their OL which is just dominating people.

What's the strategy for brute force?

3 hours ago, Nads786 said:

The counter to that argument is that Bellick knows how to beat exceptional QBs like Mahomes (i.e. Payton Manning). I think its much harder to beat a team like the Ravens because of the unique-ness of their offensive. He needs speed at the LB position and the ability to stop their OL which is just dominating people.

What's the strategy for brute force?

Their uniqueness is built around the threat that Lamar Jackson specifically presents.

How does the offense fair without him?

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Saints.

Ravens and 49ers both seem almost too hot. I feel whenever a team truly dominates the reg season like them, gets all the headlines and hype, they seldom get the storybook ending.... but I mean if I was just just going off of pure football and what we’ve seen, Ravens have looked the best and look poised for SB run especially if they get HFA since they’ve got a good one... but I gotta go a bit off feel if I’m trying to pinpoint who exactly among the handful of good to great teams comes out on top, and that to me is the Saints. They’ve been knocking on the door to get back for years, and have a complete and experienced team, veteran HC, and D that has shown it is capable of high level play.

Who were the last fire/destiny teams of the regular season to win the SB? 09 Saints? 13 Seahawks? Some of the recent winners had some good stories but they didn’t really run the regular season the way we’re talking about the others. 

I still think the Ravens represent the AFC.

9 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Matchups matter. I think NO beats them if it happens.

Saints agains their running game would be amazing to watch. Niners also gave teams a blueprint in the 2nd half on how to stop Lamara running. 

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Who were the last fire/destiny teams of the regular season to win the SB? 09 Saints? 13 Seahawks? Some of the recent winners had some good stories but they didn’t really run the regular season the way we’re talking about the others. 

How many of them minus the Seahwks had a defense like the Niners?

5 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

How many of them minus the Seahwks had a defense like the Niners?

Not sure, still not thinking of many destiny/regular season dominating teams that carry over. Seattle and Saints come to mind as recent examples. Don’t think Philly, Denver, or the Ravens teams really apply. Maybe before them, the Colts?

43 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Foles factor overshadows it, but the 2017 Eagles were dominant pretty much all year. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

6 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Curiously, do people still think this about the Ravens if Lamar gets hurt? Are the Ravens still a good team without Lamar?

Still a good team? Probably, like 9 or 10 wins. Hard to say for sure since that offense is completely tailored to Lamar's strengths and weaknesses. I would say if you give them like a Jacoby Brissett, run a conservative, power run offense, along with that defense that has been pretty good as of late, and they'd be a playoff team in 2019. Nowhere near #1 in power ranking, best team in the league, territory.