GDT: Week 14 Bengals @ Browns

TheVillain112

It's nice to see us play well, yet still lose - for draft pick purposes. We might actually be able to turn this thing around pretty quick and be a good team next year with Burrow at the helm. Our offense has really picked it up over the past few weeks, particularly the running game. Defense has also been solid.

Here's to hoping we lose next week, lose to Miami, and absolutely cream Cleveland to end the year. 

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Brooksie here boys.

Wanna know what my thoughts were watching the game yesterday?

This is the next to last time we see Dalton - then we will have to deal with a surgeon playing QB for the next dozen years. Hope you guys land the top pick and Joe gets to come home.

Just gotta not take of business at least two more times.  NE is a given, then one of Miami or Cleveland should do it.  I think NYG gets to 3 wins with Eli at the helm sometime this week or next.

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

Just gotta not take of business at least two more times.  NE is a given, then one of Miami or Cleveland should do it.  I think NYG gets to 3 wins with Eli at the helm sometime this week or next.

I'd be decked out in Giants gear tonight if I owned any. Either way rooting hard for the Giants to officially end Philly's dumpster fire of a season this year.  Philly 2019 = Cincy 2016.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Damn.  So close.

Dolphins and Redskins next, hopefully with Eli at the helm.  They should win one of them, if they can play like they did last night.

They really blew it. Schurmur did his best Marvin Lewis impression and played scared to lose for the whole second half. They could have easily put the game away.

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

They really blew it. Schurmur did his best Marvin Lewis impression and played scared to lose for the whole second half. They could have easily put the game away.

They are doing what we are doing.  Making it close, without winning.

It seems like we moved the ball at will between the 10s Sunday.  Yet, what happened?  Tanking?

8 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

They are doing what we are doing.  Making it close, without winning.

It seems like we moved the ball at will between the 10s Sunday.  Yet, what happened?  Tanking?

I don't believe that they're actively trying to tank, no.  I think Taylor is doing his best to win.

But man, he has some serious self study to do in the offseason regarding his redzone play calling.  It's abysmal.

I get the 4th down QB draw was Dalton's call, but that shouldn't be a thing that close to the redzone on 4th down.  The defense is too compressed to make that an easy play with an athlete of Dalton's caliber.  You need a Lamar Jackson to pull that off.  Maybe it works at midfield if the safeties are 15 yards back instead of 7.

Also, Mixon was pounding the ball well all game long, and they passed at something like a 50% clip in the red zone.  It just made no sense.

If the red zone efficiency is better, they win that game easily.  Sad stat for you.

• Like 2