Fix the Browns

pnies20

We just need an off-season where Dorsey shores up the many holes he left at safety, d-line, and offensive line while swinging for the fences last off-season.  He needs to get by my calculations somewhere between 7 and 15 new guys at those spots.  Then boom easy peasy run it back and we are a wildcard.

We need a philosophy change. I get that Baker was the #1 pick in the draft, but he’s NOT the best player on this roster. He will have a Dalton type of career. He will have multiple seasons where he flirts with 30+ TDs, but that’s it.

I am extremely worried about Freddie Kitchens style. He is overly aggressive and it will bite him in the *** repeatedly.

Mayfield
Chubb Hunt
Landry/Higgins/OBJ unless traded
Njoku/compete TE
New LT
Bitonio
Tretter
New RG
New RT

Garrett
Richardson
Ogunjobi
Vernon
Kirkey (should be doable)
Schobert (make it doable)
Mack/Takitaki
Ward
Greedy
Mitchell or equivelent
Safety (new or old)
Safety (Randall is gone, we aren't giving a big contract to someone who misses practices)

Kicker/Punter/LS:I think we are good

So focus on the offensive line and secondary, specifically safety and nickel. If we can bring some of those guys back that's fine. If we trade OBJ it needs to be for offensive lineman one way or another. The rest is just depth. Not the hardest job in the world but we have to get to being an average pass blocking offensive line for this team to work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We need a philosophy change. I get that Baker was the #1 pick in the draft, but he’s NOT the best player on this roster. He will have a Dalton type of career. He will have multiple seasons where he flirts with 30+ TDs, but that’s it.

I am extremely worried about Freddie Kitchens style. He is overly aggressive and it will bite him in the *** repeatedly.

He's got so much more talent than Dalton has.  I think he's played great after the bye and I understand why Freddie wants to lean on him.  Unfortunately our line is complete shambles and you're asking a lot for him to read the defense if he's getting pressured immediately on 3 or 4 guy pass rushes.

So I agree that Freddie is being overaggressive once he loses the lead, but I don't think it's because of the QB he has.  It's because of the offensive line he has.

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Again, this is such a premature take. Baker has far more pure talent than Dalton ever has had. Not to mention that Baker has been statistically better in nearly every passing category when compared to Dalton's first two years, while playing behind a worse line than Dalton dealt with. The only thing Dalton did better in his first two years compared to Baker is that he threw INTs at a slightly lower rate (2.5% and 3% vs. 2.9% and 3.4%).

• Like 5

3 hours ago, #32 said:

There is no quick fix for the Browns.

For roster, I like "bleed the clock" input but I would trade Beckham and re-sign Kirksey.

For the coach, Kitchens is gone with latest t-shirt nonsensical unprofessional conduct.

I give Dorsey one more year to reset and Haslam needs to make coaching decision as Dorsey whiffed badly on Kitchens.

Good news is we have Chubb/Hunt and can build a winning team.  I will never understand why Kitchens did not run the ball more.

Bottom line it is a culture thing and an organization that works together on football side.  We have too many players like Beckham who do not understand team concept and never will.

I would hire Jim Harbaugh and give him the keys as well as personnel input.   No capable coach is going to hang their hats on an obvious dysfunctional group.  No decent coach is going to allow organization to hinder his ability to win.

Two facts we need either O line coach who can coach up or the right personnel to RUN first and pass second.  We need head coach with experience to deal with the new millennials millionaires, and build a winning culture with WINNERS.

TOM LANDRY 1 WIN

JIMMY JOHNSON 1 WIN

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I completely agree...and cincy would be crazy to pass on him.  You know that they,as well as other teams drafting high, will be looking QB.  Young isn't a slam dunk at 1..even if he should be.

Boy I think as more people pick away at QB prospects, Cinci says, “screw it. We’ll suck next year too. Let’s grab Chase Young and tank 4 Lawrence.”

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Again, this is such a premature take. Baker has far more pure talent than Dalton ever has had. Not to mention that Baker has been statistically better in nearly every passing category when compared to Dalton's first two years, while playing behind a worse line than Dalton dealt with. The only thing Dalton did better in his first two years compared to Baker is that he threw INTs at a slightly lower rate (2.5% and 3% vs. 2.9% and 3.4%).

But Baker doesn’t want to be a running qb or a pocket qb, oh and runs into sacks. It’s not the oline it’s Freddie. 

• Like 1

You can find a Joe Burrow in every draft. If that is the first quarterback off the board, he is not nearly the player that Chase Young is. I don’t care how bad the need is a quarterback, you cannot pass on Chase Young. Leave it to the Bengals to do that though, and I hope they do. I don’t really want to see him playing in Cincinnati as an Ohio State fan or as a guy who is rooting for the Browns to win games within the division.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You can find a Joe Burrow in every draft. If that is the first quarterback off the board, he is not nearly the player that Chase Young is. I don’t care how bad the need is a quarterback, you cannot pass on Chase Young. Leave it to the Bengals to do that though, and I hope they do. I don’t really want to see him playing in Cincinnati as an Ohio State fan or as a guy who is rooting for the Browns to win games within the division.

Yeah right now I’m begging Cincinnati to take burrow. He’s the next Andy Dalton. 

I guess so is Baker Mayfield, ehh @candyman93?

• Like 2