Fix the Browns

pnies20

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

@mistakey you’re kinda in the same mood as me regarding the team. It just sucks.

However, what lifts my spirits is a reminder that we have a really strong core to build around. Myles is a HOF talent. Chubb would be a HOF talent if the NFL cared about running. Kareem is the same deal and we need to keep him. I really like Jarvis and OBJ, but we need to work on getting them the damn ball. Schoebert is a baller. I have confidence that Denzel and Greedy will continue to develop.

Its nothing like the dark days of 0-16 and 1-15.

The problem is that we have all of the frills but none of the meat and potatoes. No foundation or base to build around. We have a bunch of talent sprinkled around but no cohesion or gameplan on how to use it. It almost feels like a lot of the time its just a backyard football game where we think talent will just take over and win with no direction.

This team needs a offensive identity and a defensive identity. There has been zero stability anywhere across all position groups the entire season. What this team actually needs is a proven head coach that can come in with his crew and get this ship all sailing in the right direction.

Say what you want about Greggg but at least when he was here I knew what we were getting on a weekly basis and what the Browns were going to try to do. Right now everything seems to shape shift on a weekly basis and I dont even know what the hell they are even trying to accomplish half of the time.

12 hours ago, bruceb said:

Same.

Mine weren't even lofty.

And in retrospect, imho, attainable with display of a modicum of competence up and down the coaching staff and roster, Chubb notwithstanding.

Yup. Some of us on here expected like a 12-13 win season. I would have been satisfied with a 10-6 record and clinching a WC spot. I just wanted to see progress, but instead we've seen regression.

10 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Honestly. Throw a different HC/coaching staff (minus Stump Mitchell) in the mix and we're instantly a better team. 

I mean, Campen is a proven entity, as is Adam Henry.

Monken did well in TB also.

Wilks was solid in Carolina.

As I separate myself from the frustration of Sunday, I’m leaning more towards keeping Freddie as long as the team still responds to him and letting Monken run the offense.  I think most of the offensive staff can remain, but Lindley for one is going to have to go.  

Defensively I think Wilks can be fine, but it would have been wise to give a guy who plays 3 safeties in his base package some actual NFL safeties. Jesus, Peppers would have looked good in this defense....

At what point to you stop throwing the baby out with the bath water?  Obviously changes are needed, but nuking things....again?  Idk....

well first of all its Wednesday so i am over my Monday and Tuesday blues.

One of the reasons we traded Zeitler was because we save 24 million in salary thus obj hit to salary cap is only 8 million dollars.

3 This draft is loaded with guards that we will only have to pay 1 million a year  for 5 years.

4 One of the reason you keep Freddy around you get to see his staff in action. 

5 Give Mayfield continuity now he gets to work with the same players. 

6 The offense really woke up when hunt got here and played does anybody have some advance stats to show how we have done.

ok guys lets not burn down the house this draft is loaded we can get 2 starting tackles we can  sign the nfl best rusher draft more speed in the secondary .

Edited by mtmmike
quotATION

1. fire freddie
2. get new head coach like rivera or mccarthy
3. get rid of jarvis/obj/vernon/kirko/hubbard/burnett/njoku/adarius taylor/
4. have 100M dollars
5. re-sign scho
6. re-sign hunt
7. re-sign greg robinson
8. re-sign juston burris
9. sign some FAs
10. draft well

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

1. fire freddie
4. have 100M dollars
5. re-sign scho
6. re-sign hunt
7. re-sign greg robinson
8. re-sign juston burris
9. sign some FAs
10. draft well

Seriously? You want to get rid of Jarvis AND OBJ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mistakey said:

1. fire freddie
4. have 100M dollars
5. re-sign scho
6. re-sign hunt
7. re-sign greg robinson
8. re-sign juston burris
9. sign some FAs
10. draft well

The only thing I disagree with is getting rid of Njoku. I’m giving him 1 last year.