Fix the Browns

pnies20

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When we had run 9 total plays, 3 of which were runs.  Sample size is a thing.

Against a bottom 3 defense terrible against the run, in the first half we had 6 runs and 21 passes. That's the 1st half sample size.

That occurred in week 14; bye week review hay in the barn; 13 games in with Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, a hobbled OBJ, and terrible pass blocking OLine.

For me, as much as I have fun entertaining myself on the forum I really really don't want to be doom and gloom about Freddie b/c I know changing coaches will set us back some at a critical time, but it's really hard to come up with defensible answers for so many of our approaches.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I also reminder people complaining about him when he was here as well, but that’s neither here nor there.

Those people were idiots and didn't know what was going on.

Edited by Mind Character

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Against a bottom 3 defense terrible against the run, in the first half we had 6 runs and 21 passes. That's the 1st half sample size.

That occurred in week 14; bye week review hay in the barn; 13 games in.

There were a number of 2nd/3rd and long plays in there as well though where running it isn’t expected or reasonable.

Not saying he was doing great, just that the numbers are somewhat misleading.

It got fixed/evened out by the end of the game.

For me, as much as I have fun entertaining myself on the forum I really really don't want to be doom and gloom about Freddie b/c I know changing coaches will set us back some at a critical time, but it's really hard to come up with defensible answers for so many of our approaches.

I don’t disagree.

Those people were idiots and didn't know what was going on.

Emotions make smart people looks stupid.

• Like 1

...5 minutes to go and we are throwing the ball. Baker is trying to hit Landry deep while Hunt is wide open for the 1st down. Previous drive we call all go's on a 3rd and 3 except for one route to Carson that was telegraphed...

These are the same things from early in the season. Some of it is Baker. Some Freddie. Both do some very good things as well.

The egos of this team though seem to have overtaken everything. OBJ/Landry running the show with their antics and media. Baker acting like a leader but isn't one with his performance and work ethic. Freddie not holding these 3 accountable to the rest of the team. 

There's no true leader. Chubb with his play but he's not vocal. Myles was before the incident. Landry and OBJ are divas. 

Baker needs to take the reins over Landry/OBJ and control this team, but he hasn't even taken advantage of the opportunity to improve his own game. We'll see if he is just another Manziel. 

7 hours ago, matt27j said:

...5 minutes to go and we are throwing the ball. Baker is trying to hit Landry deep while Hunt is wide open for the 1st down. Previous drive we call all go's on a 3rd and 3 except for one route to Carson that was telegraphed...

These are the same things from early in the season. Some of it is Baker. Some Freddie. Both do some very good things as well.

The egos of this team though seem to have overtaken everything. OBJ/Landry running the show with their antics and media. Baker acting like a leader but isn't one with his performance and work ethic. Freddie not holding these 3 accountable to the rest of the team. 

There's no true leader. Chubb with his play but he's not vocal. Myles was before the incident. Landry and OBJ are divas. 

Baker needs to take the reins over Landry/OBJ and control this team, but he hasn't even taken advantage of the opportunity to improve his own game. We'll see if he is just another Manziel. 

That was actually a complaint I had of Baker last year (and there weren't many complaints to have about him last year). There were numerous times where he had an easy check down that would have netted us 10-15 yards, but he took a deep shot instead. It's just that last year we were actually completing those deep passes more often than not, so it ended up working out for us, but this year we aren't as successful at going deep.

7 hours ago, matt27j said:

How the **** is Jarvis a diva?

Dorsey has whiffed on Freddie, OBJ trade, Zeitler trade, 4 draft picks, and changes in front office personnel.  Also, Dorsey's rejects like Corbett, Haden, and others are starting for other contending teams.  Plain Dealer reports dysfunctional Browns organization and it clearly is a mess from a winning culture perspective.

How do you fix Haslam, Dorsey, Freddie, OBJ, Myles, Baker, etc.....I believe it starts with the Head Coach.   Also, Dorsey has to be held responsible and put on notice to produce or be fired.  Sign Myles long term now!  Get Baker a real QB coach who will hold him responsible and coach him up to an above average QB.

Urban Meyer, Ron Rivera, and John Harbaugh come to mind as the possible football mind to coach players professionally. 

One point of interest is the teams that run effectively have the best records in the NFL (49ers, Ravens, Seahawks).  Dorsey whiffed when he did not keep RG Zeitler as it is imperative for a run game to have LG,C,RG who can actually run block effectively.

12 minutes ago, #32 said:

Dorsey has whiffed on Freddie, OBJ trade, Zeitler trade, 4 draft picks, and changes in front office personnel.  Also, Dorsey's rejects like Corbett, Haden, and others are starting for other contending teams.  Plain Dealer reports dysfunctional Browns organization and it clearly is a mess from a winning culture perspective.

How do you fix Haslam, Dorsey, Freddie, OBJ, Myles, Baker, etc.....I believe it starts with the Head Coach.   Also, Dorsey has to be held responsible and put on notice to produce or be fired.  Sign Myles long term now!  Get Baker a real QB coach who will hold him responsible and coach him up to an above average QB.

Urban Meyer, Ron Rivera, and John Harbaugh come to mind as the possible football mind to coach players professionally. 

One point of interest is the teams that run effectively have the best records in the NFL (49ers, Ravens, Seahawks).  Dorsey whiffed when he did not keep RG Zeitler as it is imperative for a run game to have LG,C,RG who can actually run block effectively.

By the way Haden wasn’t a Dorsey reject. 
Corb is playing for the Rams because they are extremely thin at OL. He isn’t playing good for the Rams. Difference between playing and playing good for another team. So you are complaining that in 2years he whiffed on 4picks? C’mon. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Also, maybe I’m delusional, but why can’t we do what the Carolina Panthers did when they got DeAngelo Williams and Johanthan Stewart?

They went 12-4 in 2008-2009

We absolutely should go that route.  Dorsey cant fix this o-line in an off-season to run the vertical concepts we try to run out.  I wish we had a dominating defense to match with it, but maybe if we get Garrett back we can at least be good enough against the pass.

Run the ball well, get the lead early, then challenge teams to come back on us with Garrett and hopefully Ward/Greedy locking down WRs.

Pretty much feels like what the plan should have been coming into this season with anyways.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

We absolutely should go that route.  Dorsey cant fix this o-line in an off-season to run the vertical concepts we try to run out.  I wish we had a dominating defense to match with it, but maybe if we get Garrett back we can at least be good enough against the pass.

Run the ball well, get the lead early, then challenge teams to come back on us with Garrett and hopefully Ward/Greedy locking down WRs.

Pretty much feels like what the plan should have been coming into this season with anyways.

Freddie is just weird man. He talked about how Saban and Parcells influenced him.

Nah man. You’re Arizona and Ken Whisenhunt / Bruce Arians 1000000%

• Like 2