Best QB?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best QB In the Snyder Era?

• Mark Brunell
    • Jason Campbell
    • Robert Griffin III
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Other (please specify)

I'm going to do a series of threads for this, we'll eventually assemble a whole starting unit.  Snyder has been the owner for a little over 20 years now so I figured why not debate the best players in that era.  I'll post some of the candidates I think should be up for each position, if you think I left anyone out please speak up.  Let's first start with QB.  

A few Rules:

- You are to only take into consideration that player's contributions to the Redskins.  For instance, Adrian Peterson has had a HOF career, but hasn't had that kind of impact for the Redskins.  

- The players must have been acquired after the Snyder era began.  So someone like Darrel Green does not qualify.  

- Let's stay away from current rookies as they haven't even finished a single season yet.  

*I left Brad Johnson off of the poll because I found an article saying he was traded to the Redskins in Feb. 1999 and Snyder didn't close on the team until May 1999.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Snyder is the toilet bowl era for Washington fans, so that is how I am choosing to honor him in this.  The toilet bowl of his players.  

I actually enjoyed going through the exercise.  If you look at the rosters, the Joe Gibbs years where he had control were a lot of the best players we've had.  Less meddling from Snyder those years.  I had forgotten how awful the Oline was during most of the Shanahan years, its kind of nuts he can duct tape whatever oline together and get a high end running game going.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I actually enjoyed going through the exercise.  If you look at the rosters, the Joe Gibbs years where he had control were a lot of the best players we've had.  Less meddling from Snyder those years.  I had forgotten how awful the Oline was during most of the Shanahan years, its kind of nuts he can duct tape whatever oline together and get a high end running game going.  

OL was awful during the Shanahan era as were the RBs until he drafted Morris and the D was awful outside of Orakpo (who Shanahan inherited) Kerrigan, Cofield, Fletcher (who Shanahan inherited) Landry (who Shanahan inherited and stupidly didn’t franchise over Fred Davis in 2012) and DHall (who once again, Shanahan inherited!)

40 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Gibbs rosters had a lot of talent, but were hurt by lack of depth because we treated draft picks without value.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Beck was only there because they were tanking for Luck.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Beck was only there because they were tanking for Luck

Wrong. He was Kyle's favorite QB prospect in the 07 draft and Kyle believed in him strongly. Also, if they wanted to suck for Luck, they would have started Beck week 1, but they went with Grossman who proceeded to lose more games then McNabb had in 2010 despite Rex having a better team around him.