Dogs

D82

Just now, DoleINGout said:

@Desperado82 I was talking about your stride, but the Sheps is pretty too.?? What kind of shoes are you wearing?

I've been told I have nice one xD

Puma's...I don't know the exact kind, but they're comfortable. 

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Ah, I wasn’t sure if they were ASICS after determining they weren’t actually dress shoes. Very well.

Yeah lol we run a lot at German Shepherd specialty shows...so tennis shoes are preferred over dress shoes.

Anyone deal with a cracked nail before?

Came home from work, and my dog was limping severely and not putting any real weight on his front left paw. So put him on his back, tested all his joints for ROM, stiffness, pain response, everything was fine. Then I noticed one of his middle nails was kind of split and a little red. No bleeding, or swelling. When I poke at it, he pulls his paw away halfheartedly, but doesn't whimper or cry out, but he's basically refusing to put any weight on it (he does tend to be dramatic). His pad and between all his toes all looks fine.

Clean, disinfect, rest? Don't think there's much else to be done, thoughts?

60lbs American Staffordshire Terrier (we think), if it matters.

Edited by cddolphin

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Anyone deal with a cracked nail before?

Came home from work, and my dog was limping severely and not putting any real weight on his front left paw. So put him on his back, tested all his joints for ROM, stiffness, pain response, everything was fine. Then I noticed one of his middle nails was kind of split and a little red. No bleeding, or swelling. When I poke at it, he pulls his paw away halfheartedly, but doesn't whimper or cry out, but he's basically refusing to put any weight on it (he does tend to be dramatic). His pad and between all his toes all looks fine.

Clean, disinfect, rest? Don't think there's much else to be done, thoughts?

60lbs American Staffordshire Terrier (we think), if it matters.

I'd call your veterinarian and ask. Probably would be soothing to your dog if it got a bath just to make it feel better and clean the paw.

36 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'd call your veterinarian and ask. Probably would be soothing to your dog if it got a bath just to make it feel better and clean the paw.

He seems pretty comfortable outside of the paw. I'll bathe him and call the vet in the morning.

23 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

He seems pretty comfortable outside of the paw. I'll bathe him and call the vet in the morning.

It's funny you described him as dramatic but maybe that's the case if he just hurt a nail. I don't know much about this stuff so I'm worried about infections but it's probably unlikely.