Dogs

D82

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

She's a friend and coworker why its 400. She normally charges more. 

That's cool. She do any kind of events with her dogs? Conformation, herding, etc.? Not asking to be smart, just legitimately curious. I may know her. 

42 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I keep telling my wife that at some point we're going to have a great dane, and get the health issue response every time lol. 

I know some great Great Dane breeders. ;) 

Seriously though, I love the breed. Mastiffs as well. Only downside to the breed is even if they never develop a major health issue, they still only live to be between 7-9 years old. Sucks. My ex had just got his one pup (Great Dane) he had not too long before we started dated back in 2011 and he passed away late last year. 

On 4/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, Daniel said:

Finn is my dog, top picture, Pitador

My Sasha is a Pitador! How old is yours? I'm certain Finn is older, how is his temperament, behavior, etc? How big is he, he looks like he's got that Lab size in him...

NBhOpAA.jpg

This is Sasha, she's now 5 months - rougly 13 lbs, she's grown so much since the last pic!

She loves that bully stick...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My Sasha is a Pitador! How old is yours? I'm certain Finn is older, how is his temperament, behavior, etc? How big is he, he looks like he's got that Lab size in him...

NBhOpAA.jpg

This is Sasha, she's now 5 months - rougly 13 lbs, she's grown so much since the last pic!

She loves that bully stick...

.....I didn't say that.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:46 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Finn is my dog, top picture, Pitador

... let's try this again ...

My Sasha is a Pitador! How big is Finn? What's his temperament like?

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Been a while since I posted one of Lemmy, so...

qmR9k8O.jpg

I think I remember when you got Lemmy - wow, he's absolutely fantastic!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Finn is about 65-70 lbs. I’ve had him since he was about 14 months.

As far as temperament goes, he’s honestly a great dog. He doesn’t bark much, isn’t and never has been destructive. He plays well with dogs that he has gotten to know better but the introductory process is sometimes a hassle. He’s a very dominant dog. He has a soft spot for Taylor, and they play nonstop. He’s also a huge snuggler and is not aware of his size. My best buddy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Totally regret getting a dog whose lineage I can trace back decades, with parents who were both health tested and had all relevant genetic screenings done before being bred and whose temperament is rock solid. Let me tell ya. 

No one is right or wrong here. I understand your reasoning but you have to understand others as well. I know you from this thread and knew you'd be one to oppose my thoughts.

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

No one is right or wrong here. I understand your reasoning but you have to understand others as well. I know you from this thread and knew you'd be one to oppose my thoughts.

And that's what I'm saying. I have no issue with people getting a dog from a shelter, just as I think people shouldn't have one with me getting one from a breeder. It's a decision that one needs to make for themselves and nobody should be made to feel bad about that choice. 

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think I remember when you got Lemmy - wow, he's absolutely fantastic!

July of 2017. Coming up on three years...hard to believe. 

• Like 1

What are everyone's thoughts on the Akita? I am extremely close to pulling the trigger and getting one (would be buying from one of the best/well known breeders in Northern Cali). But I understand they are labeled with Pit Bulls in the 'high risk' category of dogs.  

4 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

What are everyone's thoughts on the Akita? I am extremely close to pulling the trigger and getting one (would be buying from one of the best/well known breeders in Northern Cali). But I understand they are labeled with Pit Bulls in the 'high risk' category of dogs.  

Any dog that isn't properly socialized or treated poorly can be high risk. If you're getting it as a puppy (as long as the breeder isn't selling them too early), it'll be fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Any dog that isn't properly socialized or treated poorly can be high risk. If you're getting it as a puppy (as long as the breeder isn't selling them too early), it'll be fine. 

Just what I wanted to hear.

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

Who is it? Can send a PM if you feel more comfortable. 

I have a friend who breeds them, big teddy bears honestly.