Dogs

D82

On 6/12/2018 at 7:45 PM, flyers0909 said:

How long is reasonable to let the dog roam the house without having to go out?  In our current apartment we crate our dog and have a dog walker come every day for half an hour.  We do half an hour walks in the morning and evening as well.  We're about to move into a new place and want to try just letting her roam.  Is 7am to 6pm too long to let her roam without a bathroom break?  I kinda feel like that is too long. 

I think it totally depends on the dog, but I’d guess that is too long for most dogs 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:12 PM, BayRaider said:

Anyone have a pitbull? Just got a six month old. Almost eight months now actually. Post some pics when i get a chance.

I have a 6 year old American Staffordshire Terrier (we think).

There are like four different kinds of "pitbull" and they're fairly different from each other. Do you know what kind yours is?

13 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I have a 6 year old American Staffordshire Terrier (we think).

There are like four different kinds of "pitbull" and they're fairly different from each other. Do you know what kind yours is?

She is a Red Nose. 

I had a Staffordshire Terrier when I was a kid. Miss that dog. 

• 11 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 12:06 AM, BayRaider said:

She is a Red Nose. 

I had a Staffordshire Terrier when I was a kid. Miss that dog. 

There's actually like 15 different breeds that get grouped in the pitbull category (hence why their bite numbers are so skewed). 

I work with a rescue in the Philly region and I think pit mixes are one of my favorite types. They are the biggest babies and crave stability and structure so they are pretty easy to train unless you get one with a rough past. After working with the rescue for a while I can't stress enough the importance of adopting instead of buying from a breeder. The things a lot of breeders do to these dogs is awful. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Also we need more pics in here

IKcP0A8.jpg

My two on the right. Rest are past fosters.

dElITvA.jpg

UcPypsF.jpg

3wSyISJ.jpg

I have three dogs.  A dachshund and Pyrenees that came with my SO, and a hound we got together.

And three cats.  Because **** allergies.

How you post pics?

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I have three dogs.  A dachshund and Pyrenees that came with my SO, and a hound we got together.

And three cats.  Because **** allergies.

How you post pics?

Edit: never mind I think you have to upload them somewhere online (maybe google drive) and copy and paste them into the reply window

Edited by JonStark

How anyone fosters is beyond me. You're a special kind of person. If I had to give my little girl to someone else, I would lose it. I get attached to animals too quickly lol. That being said, y'all are awesome b/c I'm sure at your home is WAY better than a shelter. Cheers!!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

How anyone fosters is beyond me. You're a special kind of person. If I had to give my little girl to someone else, I would lose it. I get attached to animals too quickly lol. That being said, y'all are awesome b/c I'm sure at your home is WAY better than a shelter. Cheers!!

I know someone that fosters hospice dogs. I don't know how they do it. I would die.

• Like 1