Dogs

D82

8 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

So my dog got all animated and ran up stairs and it sounded like she puked but I didn't find anything. I let her outside and she started munching on the grass. She's fine now. Do dogs eat great because of a stomach ache?

Yeah they eat it to settle their stomach (which ironically makes them throw it back up most of the time). My dogs are grazers and just eat grass for fun so that's a possibility too, but most of the time it's nausea related. 

10 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

So my dog got all animated and ran up stairs and it sounded like she puked but I didn't find anything. I let her outside and she started munching on the grass. She's fine now. Do dogs eat great because of a stomach ache?

Yep, my dog eats socks sometimes and after a while he has to go outside to eat grass to ralph it up. It's a real treat.

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

Yeah they eat it to settle their stomach (which ironically makes them throw it back up most of the time). My dogs are grazers and just eat grass for fun so that's a possibility too, but most of the time it's nausea related. 

I've seen them eat grass when it's about to rain but she was really munching away. I had to let her out a few times to do that

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Alright, yesterday I was outside with my dogs.  Everything was fine.  Suddenly, my older dog (about three years old) looks at the roof of my house and starts acting scared and timid.  One paw raised up, ears tucked back, looking between me and the house like something's wrong.  I think little of it.  I let her out again yesterday and she instantly starts sniffing the air profusely.  Like she's spraying perfume and testing them all out before going on a date.  She seems fine otherwise, but gets hesitant and timid around the entrance when going back inside.  My other dog is younger, barely a year old, but acting fine. 

I get home last night and every single day I get home both my girls run up to me all excited and jumping to get their petting.  This is like literally a three minute process where I pet them both and ask them how their days were.  Ripley, the one that's scared, did not come out.  Well she did, but only to see me before running back to her room.  She kept barking.  Like the "buff" bark where it's not full blown barking, but like a warning bark.  When it came time for me to let her out, she wouldn't come out.  It was like she was afraid of passing through the hallway, which is hopefully not coincidentally right where the attic starts.  I had to go into her room and grab her by her collar to make her go outside.  When she got out, she kept sniffing the air again. 

She wouldn't come inside.  Struggled getting her in, and when I finally did she bolted to her room.  I went in there to say goodnight, but she was hiding under the bed.  Stuck my hand in there slowly to pet her and she nipped at me (which she NEVER does).  I couldn't get angry with her because she's obviously scared and thought I was going to pull her out, but she felt bad instantly and went timid, putting her paw up and she let me pet her, but she was shaking. 

This morning it's more of the same.  She will stay in the back three bedrooms, but she will not pass where the attic starts. 

WTF is going on? 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t live in Africa.  This isn’t some tiger or leopard.  It is either an alien a raccoon or some poison gas that’s going to kill me.  There was nothing in my attic, nothing on my roof.

A bird of prey, perhaps? 

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Fair - snake? I know you're not a fan, but could it be a snake?

On the roof?  Unlikely.  It’s definitely a demon my house is possessed.  Ordering holy water on Amazon now.  About to “Power of Christ compels you,” the hell out of my house.  

• Like 1