Broncos place DE Derek Wolfe on IR

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Actually, I just think he means it isn't one of the top 10 spots in Colorado. Not being a big city guy I'd definitely agree. The western slope has some fabulous places.

Lived in Colorado basically my whole life, aside from college.  Denver is pretty much unbearable at this point with traffic and population.  Live in Colorado Springs now and I don’t love it, but would take it over Denver any day.  Castle Rock too.  My wife’s parents live in Grand Lake which tops all 3 of those places.  

Obviously cost of living plays a part for an actual lifestyle and somewhere like Grand Lake or the Ski Communities aren’t really feasible on an average income.  But Denver just sucks, honestly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Lived in Colorado basically my whole life, aside from college.  Denver is pretty much unbearable at this point with traffic and population.  Live in Colorado Springs now and I don’t love it, but would take it over Denver any day.  Castle Rock too.  My wife’s parents live in Grand Lake which tops all 3 of those places.  

Obviously cost of living plays a part for an actual lifestyle and somewhere like Grand Lake or the Ski Communities aren’t really feasible on an average income.  But Denver just sucks, honestly. 

I lived in the Wheatridge area from 62-72, then moved to the Western slope near Steamboat working on the powerhouses in Craig and Hayden. Moved to Alaska in 79 and didn't return to Colorado until 2006-2009 and finished my career in the gas fields around Durango. Went to Denver to see some friends while I was there. That will be my last trip. It's changed quite a bit since 79.

9 hours ago, germ-x said:

I was back in Denver a month ago and the traffic isn't that bad.  But I live in Atlanta now, which is by far the worst.  I was thinking of moving westward again because I am not much of a Southerner, but also want the decent cost of living, which I have heard New Hampshire has the best cost of living for what you get, which totally takes out my desire to move west.  I like Washington a lot, but that more expensive than Denver...not sure what to do.  Utah is kind of an option...maybe.