GDT Week 2 - Patriots go to Silverdome!

Deadpulse

15 minutes ago, iothar said:

I didn't think Richards did THAT bad of a job. The speed of KC is unreal. A safety playing out of position in a LB role. Stuff probably happens much more quickly up 5 to 10 yards from your normal spot.

Other than Van Noy, he was probably the worst player on the field. Looked completely lost and nonreactive.

1 hour ago, iothar said:

Everyone looked bad. The team obviously wasn't ready and Richards was asked to play out of position against probably the fastest offense in the NFL.

What do you mean he was asked to play out of position?

1) He's played close to no snaps over the course of his career in the position I think you're referring to. 

2) "In-the box" safety, or a big linebacker is clearly his position. It's where they had him lined up all pre-season. It's pretty clear that's the position or role the coaching staff is trying to carve out for him. If he can't perform in that role, he serves no purpose for this defense.

It didn't strike me that he was playing the tweener role (Safety in box). It was like they were replacing a linebacker for him. He wasn't supplementing like a tweener would, but replacing. Giving up a lot of bulk and experience there. I think if they had their time again, they'd let Harris have more than TWO snaps. 

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It didn't strike me that he was playing the tweener role (Safety in box). It was like they were replacing a linebacker for him. He wasn't supplementing like a tweener would, but replacing. Giving up a lot of bulk and experience there. I think if they had their time again, they'd let Harris have more than TWO snaps. 

Yeah that was my point. It was a total position swap that must be hard.

I don't want to see him there again, but given the circumstances, it wasn't that bad to me. The first 3 quarters were manageable.

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I was soooo bored at work the other day and had nothing to do. I re-read the SB game day threads and was laughing at my cube.

Would recommend 10/10.

Holy crap, I'm reading through it right now and just dying.

Troy Brown: Are you still at the library?

GFalcon: yea getting my education so I don't have to sit in front of a computer all day drunk like you and work a wage job. Props to me

Troy Brown: it is 11:40 pm on superbowl sunday     i think im doing it right

I LOL'd. The thread is a classic example of people wanting to sling mud but not being able to take it when it comes back around on them.

22 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Haha it's great. I love looking through the first one which was like up to half time. People were dancing on the Patriots grave. Then the other one, the reactions while the come back was happening....amazing.

I think it's scary.

Archived