Cowboys @ Bears, 12/5, 7:20 GDT

beardown3231

Really good game by Buscuit, I have to drop the bust for now. That missed FG against SD really sucks now. We could be 8-5 and really putting heat on the Vikes. It is what it is. If the O can average that 24-30 points a game we should be able to hang with GB & the Vikes. Let's see what happens.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Mitch was awesome tonight. Again a game with no qualifiers.

He looks like a different QB when he runs.

They didn't account for him and he made them pay for it.

Green Bay won't make that mistake, question is: how does Nagy adjust? 

41 minutes ago, G08 said:

They didn't account for him and he made them pay for it.

Green Bay won't make that mistake, question is: how does Nagy adjust? 

If they are dedicating a spy to Tru that should open lanes for him to pass through. If he can hit a deep pass or two then it really puts them in a bad spot. 

Cowboy poster just said he would celebrate if Jerry Jones died as a result of loss.

And the post got a like. 

People need to check themselves a bit me thinks.  

If you ever start thinking like that just stop watching football or whatever the hobby is that is making you crazy.  You have a problem. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Cowboy poster just said he would celebrate if Jerry Jones died as a result of loss.

And the post got a like. 

People need to check themselves a bit me thinks.  

If you ever start thinking like that just stop watching football or whatever the hobby is that is making you crazy.  You have a problem. 

I’ve always wondered that.  I get that we’re all passionate about our teams, but ultimately it’s a game being played by a bunch of millionaires for their billionaire boss which has no tangible effect on our lives.  Some people get a little too carried away.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, malak1 said:

His play is too inconsistent for my liking. I don’t want another Cutler 2.0. Let’s take. QB early next year almost no matter what.

I think if he finishes out the year this way, it would be a foolish investment, one that provides little to no value to the current state of the team. 

Pace may take a QB, but I would think it would be in the last three rounds. If Trubisky sucks in 2020, then we are drafting high in 2021 and replace him in round 1 with a rookie starter. 

Asked what he thought of Trubisky as a quarterback, Smith used the highest term of endearment that his counterparts on the Bears use.

“He’s a guy that’s a dog,” Smith said. “He’s going to battle. We knew that going into it, and he had the upper hand tonight.”

29 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I’ve always wondered that.  I get that we’re all passionate about our teams, but ultimately it’s a game being played by a bunch of millionaires for their billionaire boss which has no tangible effect on our lives.  Some people get a little too carried away.

Meanwhile our own players and media are posting videos laughing about some Bears fans beating up or fighting a Cowboys fan at the game.

A lot of people are stupid. 

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Updated through 38 games:

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating

But I was told you cannot compare the two situations however because Brees is an exception to the norm and young QBs never struggle early in their careers and then go on to have really good careers :S

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

Asked what he thought of Trubisky as a quarterback, Smith used the highest term of endearment that his counterparts on the Bears use.

“He’s a guy that’s a dog,” Smith said. “He’s going to battle. We knew that going into it, and he had the upper hand tonight.”

Is this Jaylon Smith? 

Dude was balling last night. I thought he was the Cowboys best defensive player by far.

Just now, dll2000 said:

Meanwhile our own players and media are posting videos laughing about some Bears fans beating up or fighting a Cowboys fan at the game.

A lot of people are stupid. 

@CBears019I once was coaching a game where we were down big in 4th quarter.  We had a bad team. 

The Oline was over matched and wasn't giving 100% late in game.

One of dads who was also an assistant coach who thought his kid should be running back saw an opportunity so he asks his kid to ask me if he can play running back to close out game.  

I said you aren't going to get blocking and as soon as I sub you in they are all going to key on you as the ball carrier. You are going to get hit hard. Other team was not letting up at all as it was a meathead coach and a rival. I was just trying to run out clock. 

He insisted and Dad was right there so I relented.  

He goes in and gets crushed, but I saw hit.  It was painful, but not injurious.  Kid is down so I jog out on field and laugh a bit when I get to him.  Saying I told you buddy.  Then hug him and help him off field. 

Next practice dad charges me on practice field trying to fight me and screaming I laughed at his injured kid. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, G08 said:

If/when you re-watch the game or the highlights, focus on Trubisky's feet. Throwing on time and in rhythm. It's a beautiful thing baby 

He was leading his receivers with his throws, the difference is a first down vs 2 yards. His passing was so crisp. On another note - since Bobby Massie has been out this Cornelias kid seems to be playing well. We didn't hear Robert Quinn's name once, and the run game seems to be turning on.