Cowboys @ Bears, 12/5, 7:20 GDT

beardown3231

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears are better partly because they have been forced to make better personnel decisions,

Wims > Gabriel

Lucas > Massie

Holtz, Horsted > Shaheen and Burton

James Daniels LG > James Daniels C

-Less Cohen

-Less Patterson

Tight ends who are hunger to play and motivated to block is making a big difference. Ever since we IR'ed Shaheen and Burton things have improved. Everyone says how important the TE position is in this offense. I think we are seeing that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Tight ends who are hunger to play and motivated to block is making a big difference. Ever since we IR'ed Shaheen and Burton things have improved. Everyone says how important the TE position is in this offense. I think we are seeing that.

Burton and Shaheen should not be allowed to see even the practice field in Chicago ever again. Horsted and Holtz... make a statement and reward their accomplishments. Let it be known to football players that the Chicago Bears are a team that will groom you and reward you when you succeed. That is how you build a winning culture and have longevity as a successful franchise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Burton and Shaheen should not be allowed to see even the practice field in Chicago ever again. Horsted and Holtz... make a statement and reward their accomplishments. Let it be known to football players that the Chicago Bears are a team that will groom you and reward you when you succeed. That is how you build a winning culture and have longevity as a successful franchise.

This. I've been looking back at the past drafts in recent history and one thing that I noticed is that there really hasn't been one TE drafted in the first round that has paid off. I think a lot of that has to do with player development, coaching, and system. The TE position is one that requires a lot of different skillsets in blocking, route running, catching, etc. which is why it takes most players not named George Kittle a few years to develop.

Take a look at the 2018 draft by the Baltimore Ravens. They drafted Hayden Hurst in the 1st round who for right now is a bust but the 3rd round pick of Mark Andrews ended up being the gem for his all-around skillset.

Even though Horsted and Holtz are solid depth guys we still need a starting caliber TE which can still be had even if we don't spend our 2nd round pick on it.

5 hours ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

Even though Horsted and Holtz are solid depth guys we still need a starting caliber TE which can still be had even if we don't spend our 2nd round pick on it.

Right now, unless many things change for the worse, Pace is getting more and more options for those second round picks...

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Right now, unless many things change for the worse, Pace is getting more and more options for those second round picks...

Eh. The reason I say this is because in this draft in particular there really aren't any TE standouts for the draft value. I'm more of the mindset of taking the BPA especially since we don't have a 1st round pick. The tight end position is a position of need but when picking a TE in the second round you're going to have to be guaranteed a Vance McDonald type of player or better for it to be worth its value. It really sucks that we don't have a 3rd round pick because that seems to be a sweet spot when drafting a tight end in terms position and value.

This offseason we have certain position of needs: OT,EDGE, #2 CB, TE. Since OT and EDGE are positions that require significant draft capital to upgrade we are going to need to spend a pick on upgrading one of those two positions. For the other pick I say get the BPA. Each draft has its own pulse and when looking back on past drafts, the best picks were when the team drafted high impact players and not drafting on need. We really need to look at what kind of talent this draft has and draft a high impact cornerstone player regardless of position.

28 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

Eh. The reason I say this is because in this draft in particular there really aren't any TE standouts for the draft value. I'm more of the mindset of taking the BPA especially since we don't have a 1st round pick. The tight end position is a position of need but when picking a TE in the second round you're going to have to be guaranteed a Vance McDonald type of player or better for it to be worth its value. It really sucks that we don't have a 3rd round pick because that seems to be a sweet spot when drafting a tight end in terms position and value.

This offseason we have certain position of needs: OT,EDGE, #2 CB, TE. Since OT and EDGE are positions that require significant draft capital to upgrade we are going to need to spend a pick on upgrading one of those two positions. For the other pick I say get the BPA. Each draft has its own pulse and when looking back on past drafts, the best picks were when the team drafted high impact players and not drafting on need. We really need to look at what kind of talent this draft has and draft a high impact cornerstone player regardless of position.

Hunter Bryant and Albert Okwuegbunam are both worthy of the ~50th pick.

• Like 1