Cowboys @ Bears, 12/5, 7:20 GDT

beardown3231

BTW if Tolliver does get torched on Thurs. I don't think it necessarily means he is garbage.   I think you need more consectutive playing time to ascertain that.  Tough to get thrown into a fire.  

But Bears fans being Bears fans they will disown him if he does.  

Conversely if he plays great in one game I don't know if it means he is great.  I think you need more of a body of work to judge.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Dak may have lost the contract bet on himself.  

I think a healthy Amari Cooper (not sure if he is healthy) may have a big game with Prince out and Tolliver not having played this year really.  Tough first match up for him.

Bears offense has to show up against a decently talented team for Bears to win.

Game should tell you if Bears are actually improving or just playing better against garbage teams.  

How did he lose? He's playing the best ball of his career.

• Like 1

I have no idea what will happen in this game.

Seriously.

I don't know which Bears team will show up. Or what Cowboys team. Don't know if Trubisky is on an upward trend, or if the last three games are a fluke. 

Does that make for exciting TV? I guess so...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nads786 said:

How did he lose? He's playing the best ball of his career.

So far he hasn't won this season against a team over .500, so his stats are damn good but that will be used against him.

He is still going to get a huge deal, but this may take some of his fire if he can't fix this trend.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So far he hasn't won this season against a team over .500, so his stats are damn good but that will be used against him.

He is still going to get a huge deal, but this may take some of his fire if he can't fix this trend.

He also throws a good amount of INT's still

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

He also throws a good amount of INT's still

"still"? He has historically been really good at not throwing INTs. This year he has had 2 off hail marys, 3 off tipped passed and one on blatant DPI when the Packers DB literally slapped/pushed the WRs head down so that the DB could catch it. Context my friendo. Obvi thats not something you would know unless you are watching, but if he throws multiple INTs, that would be a rarity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the game:

• Our special teams is horrific
  • Our coach is lame duck
  • Our game time decisions are normally highly questionable
  • Our defense allows stupid long drives and is terrible at getting turnovers
  • Our team leads in the NFL in drops

That said:

• Our defense doesnt give up a ton of points
  • Our DL continues to generate pressure w/o a blitz
  • Our OL, while not 2016 elite, is good
  • Our QB is top 10, arguably top 5, in the NFL
  • We have 4-5 legitimate pass options any given play & Zeke is still a top ~5 RB
  • Our offense is really good most of the time.

I think we are better than the Bears. Who the hell knows how we play though. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

"still"? He has historically been really good at not throwing INTs. This year he has had 2 off hail marys, 3 off tipped passed and one on blatant DPI when the Packers DB literally slapped/pushed the WRs head down so that the DB could catch it. Context my friendo. Obvi thats not something you would know unless you are watching, but if he throws multiple INTs, that would be a rarity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the game:

• Our special teams is horrific
  • Our coach is lame duck
  • Our game time decisions are normally highly questionable
  • Our defense allows stupid long drives and is terrible at getting turnovers
  • Our team leads in the NFL in drops

That said:

• Our defense doesnt give up a ton of points
  • Our DL continues to generate pressure w/o a blitz
  • Our OL, while not 2016 elite, is good
  • Our QB is top 10, arguably top 5, in the NFL
  • We have 4-5 legitimate pass options any given play & Zeke is still a top ~5 RB
  • Our offense is really good most of the time.

I think we are better than the Bears. Who the hell knows how we play though. 

Well we have something in common then because I read that Bears actually led the league in drops up until a week ago or so.

Dak was playing really well earlier in the season but can't say the same for lately along with the rest of that Cowboys team.  Zeke has also been somewhat disappointing after that holdout and new deal.  I know because I have him in fantasy.

I thought you guys were a legit SB contender before the season started but after not having won a game this season against a team with a winning record?? That's pretty bad.

Luckily you guys are in a bad division. Lots of pressure on you guys to win tonight though.  Nobody expects Bears to make playoffs at this point so they might be playing a little looser.

Should be an exciting playoff type game regardless.  May the better team tonight win.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Well we have something in common then because I read that Bears actually led the league in drops up until a week ago or so.

Dak was playing really well earlier in the season but can't say the same for lately along with the rest of that Cowboys team.  Zeke has also been somewhat disappointing after that holdout and new deal.  I know because I have him in fantasy.

Dak was very average against the Bills and Pats (in a cold typhoon). He has been good to elite in most other games. Even the losses (Vikings).

I thought you guys were a legit SB contender before the season started but after not having won a game this season against a team with a winning record?? That's pretty bad.

That is living in the moment. We can obviously hang with the "Saints, Vikings, Patriots" of the world, because we lost by like a combined 10 points to the 3 of them. I get the narrative. NFL Media has to create stories every year and NFL fans gobble them up. But just like "dont pay your QB" ran its course last year, "Cowboys cant beat winning teams" will run its course this year.

Luckily you guys are in a bad division. Lots of pressure on you guys to win tonight though.  Nobody expects Bears to make playoffs at this point so they might be playing a little looser.

Pretty much no pressure at all actually. Because of the rest of the division sucking donkey balls, were going to the playoffs whether we deserve it or not. 

Should be an exciting playoff type game regardless.  May the better team tonight win.

Good luck!

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak was very average against the Bills and Pats (in a cold typhoon). He has been good to elite in most other games. Even the losses (Vikings).

That is living in the moment. We can obviously hang with the "Saints, Vikings, Patriots" of the world, because we lost by like a combined 10 points to the 3 of them. I get the narrative. NFL Media has to create stories every year and NFL fans gobble them up. But just like "dont pay your QB" ran its course last year, "Cowboys cant beat winning teams" will run its course this year.

Pretty much no pressure at all actually. Because of the rest of the division sucking donkey balls, were going to the playoffs whether we deserve it or not. 

Good luck!

This is pretty much the same narrative for the Bears.  The only good team with a winning record that we beat this year is the Vikings.  All other wins came against bad teams.  It's a deserved criticism whether you lose by 3 points or lose by 20 points. 

That's not to say that the Cowboys can't catch lightning in a bottle and go on a good run here to end the season and into the playoffs because I believe the talent is definitely there.  But up to this point they haven;t been all that impressive.

What I'm really surprised about is the defense.  Though that unit would be much better this year considering the talent on the d-line and at LB.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

By being top 5-10 in virtually every metric? Literally top 5 in almost every single advanced metric? This is a really bad hot take, imo

Okay.  Fine.  It was just a quick take, not something I broke down and looked at closely so willing to admit I could be totally wrong.  

Is he going to get more by waiting?  Are Cowboys going to break bank on him?