Week #13 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Cardinals

Steeler Hitman

Who: Pittsburgh Steelers 7-5 visit Arizona Cardinals 3-8-1

Where: State Farm Stadium Arizona     When: Sunday, December 8, 2019 @ 4:25 pm

290201022.png?templateId=espn.com.share.

Series Records: Steelers hold edge 34-23-3 including winning the last 5 of 6 meetings.

Last Meeting Landry Jones sparked the Steelers with TD passes to Martavious Bryant in a 25-13 home upset win. Can Duck do the same in Arizona?

920x920.jpg

Steelers Offense:

1. The quack factor aka Da Duck!  Can he continue to play consistent? One problem with back-ups is that defenses will lock in on your weaknesses and try to exploit them.  The intermediate passing game is an area that the Steelers offense must improve. Duck will chuck it deep and even dump the ball off, but there are some opportunities in the mid-range passing game. Use the TE's and WR's crossing to get decent gains and maybe even a long TD pass with our WR's.

Duck-Cartoon-Thumbs-Up-Funny-Picture.jpg

2. Ju Ju and James need to play a big role on offense.  The team cannot consistently rely on a third string QB without its top offensive weapons.  A healthy James and Ju Ju would give the Steelers offense a much needed boost.

JuJu-Smith-Schuster-James-Conner-celebra

3. Can we have a game when we don't turn the ball over?  I believe that I saw a stat stating that the Steelers offense has turned the ball over at least once in the past 19 games.  I know they have every game of 2019. That stat needs to end.  We are not good enough on offense to overcome turnovers or give the ball away.

4. Steelers offense and a fast start..... Seems like a contradiction of terms.  This would go a long way in playing good complimentary football in allowing this defense to play with a lead and hopefully one day a big one.

5. Disciplined football. The refs have made some horrible calls and the league arrogantly supports their nonsense and crappy calls. Yes this is how I feel.  >:(  However, the Steelers offense has to do its part as well.  The stupid pre-snap penalties and negative plays stymie the offense.

NFL-BENGALS-STEELERS.jpg

6.  James Washington deserves some love. He has stepped his game up and been a terror the last few games receiving.  He has taken some heat in the past, but deserves some love for his play of late (especially without Ju Ju). 

Steelers Defense : These guys are pretty good! 

WattDefense140_vs_Chiefs_09172018-1200x6

1.  They continue to force turnovers and make big plays.  Last week was one of the best jobs that I have seen at making adjustments. The players and coaches commented on this.  Despite some key injuries and missing players/parts, they keep rolling!

2. Gotta play a clean game. Some of this is on the Steelers and some on some of the horrible calls and refusal to change bad calls.  Don't let the game come down to the refs. Play hard, stay disciplined and be consistent.

3. You are playing a very mobile QB. I think Baker did a great job the first game of avoiding the Steelers pass rush. Although Baker is more a pocket QB, this kid can kill you with his legs as well.  Stay in your gap/lane and you will have to tackle well (although not too well so the refs don't flag you for phantom roughing calls). >:(

4.  Follow the game plan and blue print of the Rams (last week) who had a very good game against the Cardinals.  Get them off the field on third down and set the table for the offense. 

5. I has been a few weeks, but it is time for another defensive TD!  Maybe a bit greedy, but this group is that good.

Prediction: It will be another tight game. Hopefully the Steelers do not make too many mistakes. If they can cut down on the three and outs, turnovers, pre-snap penalties, and slow starts; they have a sluggers chance. I am still cautious coming off an emotional win at home, traveling towards the left coast, playing an opponent who is looking to rebound from a bad divisional loss....... Last year this team faded down the stretch. Despite the circumstances, I don't think they do that again...Steelers over Cardinals 27 - 19. Game closer than score as Nelson gets a pick six to seal the win after leading 20-19 early in the fourth quarter.

6abbf1dda906321f86978b60f53677b5--acacia

c8194286a14a4abac7852909a14527a2--perfec

2fbbf8fd78cc84401a1298ff662faed3--cordob

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Finish Thread

#3 for the win!!!!

This defense is on fire, for sure.  We have the speed to contain Murray and make him throw the ball.  IDK if they can run it at all.

Duck is gonna be more confident, and if we get JUJU and Connor back, this could get ugly.

24-3 for the good guys.

3 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Bad feeling about this game.

with our defence , it could once again save the day despite the travel and typical trap. I am hoping Duck has a great game and the offence ends the idea of trap games that the Tomlin era has allowed us to endure.  

49 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Nervous nellies....

Duck has another week to work as QB1.  Him and Washington getting some mojo.  Cain and Jones as well.  Love Benny Snell football and Samuels is showing as a 3rd down back.

Plus, our defense is filthy.

I hope Whyte gets more snaps and helps the return game. I would also try Johnson in the return game, get some ST filed position better than we are used to with switzer.  It will be interesting to see how Washington does since Peterson (who some here wanted to trade for ¬¬)  will be covering him most likely.  Many say Peterson isn't haveing a good season, lets wait and see. Hopes are that AV will keep Suggs under control

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh, I wont be shocked if we lose at all.   Traveling to the opposite side of the country isnt easy.  

I agree I'd like to see Devlin Hodges make some more underneath throws crossing routes things like that I'll be honest because I haven't seen him enough I get nervous when he throws the ball deep. We have got to stop turning the ball over I do have faith in our  Defense to be able to contain this  Arizona offense but they have some scary weapons and Fitz is no stranger to Pittsburgh 

It’s hard to have any real confidence in this team with our offense, I think we all know no game is an easy win right now. Still a game we should win as long as the defense continues to impress. 

I don’t want Conner in there unless he is 100% healthy, any less and he should sit out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neumatic said:

It’s hard to have any real confidence in this team with our offense, I think we all know no game is an easy win right now. Still a game we should win as long as the defense continues to impress. 

I don’t want Conner in there unless he is 100% healthy, any less and he should sit out.

especially with a  shoulder injury, let him heal, let Snell, Whyte and samuels get the yards and of course let the defence get the TO's