RB Tyler Ervin

Pugger

17 hours ago, Pugger said:

Do we want somebody the Raiders gave up on?

I don't buy into this generality myself. Bad teams are bad because they're stupid. They aren't great at talent eval. Not maybe in this specific cases but I generally expect bad teams to let players with ability go just as often, if not more than, good teams. Plus he's been here. That being said, not a chance in hell am I bringing him back if I'm the GM but none of the reasons involve how good of a team he was released from.

Edit: The guy the thread is about was claimed from an even worse team,.fwiw

Edited by Norm

9 hours ago, Scoremore said:

At least he is fast.  Smith looked like his feet were stuck in mud.  Can this kid return punts?  That's what we really need not as concerned about kick offs.

Smith was faster. The issue isn't RS, it's the coaching and players around the RS.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Smith was faster. The issue isn't RS, it's the coaching and players around the RS.

If he is it sure didn't translate to the field.  Irvin runs a 4.41 40.  A good returner will make the first guy miss and turn it up the field.  Not dance or run sideways.  Shepard bombed and so did Smith.  Hopefully this guy will be the answer.  Not going to blame it all on blocking.  As far as coaching really don't know.  Is the coach just telling them to fair catch it?  There have been return opportunities but these guys either just fair catch it or run sideways.  No good.  Get a decent returner and the unit will look much better.  Come playoffs we should put Alexander back on punt returns.  He would excel in that role.  Wouldn't risk him in the regular season but in an elimination game hell yes.

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

If he is it sure didn't translate to the field.  Irvin runs a 4.41 40.  A good returner will make the first guy miss and turn it up the field.  Not dance or run sideways.  Shepard bombed and so did Smith.  Hopefully this guy will be the answer.  Not going to blame it all on blocking.  As far as coaching really don't know.  Is the coach just telling them to fair catch it?  There have been return opportunities but these guys either just fair catch it or run sideways.  No good.  Get a decent returner and the unit will look much better.  Come playoffs we should put Alexander back on punt returns.  He would excel in that role.  Wouldn't risk him in the regular season but in an elimination game hell yes.

Come playoffs we should fair catch everything and not have Alexander anywhere near special teams.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Also,

giphy.gif

Rob Demovsky -   Tyler Ervin fix the Packers' return game? He's going to get the shot on both punts and kickoffs. "That's the plan," coach Matt LaFleur said of the running back/returner claimed off waivers this week. "He's an elusive guy. He's got some juice (and) he's pretty fast." The Packers are on pace for a dubious NFL for fewest punt return yardage in a season. They're at minus-8 — MINUS-8 — for the year. The record is 27 by the Cardinals in 1965.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky -   Tyler Ervin fix the Packers' return game? He's going to get the shot on both punts and kickoffs. "That's the plan," coach Matt LaFleur said of the running back/returner claimed off waivers this week. "He's an elusive guy. He's got some juice (and) he's pretty fast." The Packers are on pace for a dubious NFL for fewest punt return yardage in a season. They're at minus-8 — MINUS-8 — for the year. The record is 27 by the Cardinals in 1965.

I would feel better if LaFleur had said the guy hand "sure hands" and never drops a ball.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I would feel better if LaFleur had said the guy hand "sure hands" and never drops a ball.

One of the GBP beat writers described him as a poor man's Darren Sproles.....
I'll wait till I see the guy for the first time. Hopefully he can give our STs a positive jolt.