CHOOSE! YOUR! STAAAAAFFF! : America's Least Favorite Matchmaking Game

Kiltman

As much as I like Ron Rivera, the problem with the defense is the position coaches, not so much the DC.
Couple that with the fact that Rivera will likely be vying for a head coach position and he's off that list.
That leaves a bevy of coordinators positions to fill.
Coordinators don't usually move laterally, so it is difficult to pinpoint a potential coordinator.
The greatest need at coach on defense is at DB.

May I suggest Tony White?
He has a secondary that does more with less.
Granted, they play a 3-3-5, but the DB's have LB responsibilities.

On offense, Groh needs to go.

I am partial to David Yost to replace him.
A QB coach with experience at WSU, the best QB coaching program in the country IMO.
He's coaches QB's and WR's.
He is currently the OC at Texas Tech.

QB coach, Chris Weinke, maybe?
He is about technique, not ability.
The Eagles have the ability, not the technique.
I dunno, too hard to call.

The WR coach should be Steve Smith Jr., God willing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 3:30 PM, nlesthought said:

I think Dan Quinn could be an interesting hire if Howie pegs Schwartz as a scapegoat. 

On the offensive side of the ball. Doug has got to consider giving up playcalling. He's saying the right things "everybody has a say"...but how much weight do the positional coaches/OC actually have? He's been reluctant to go run heavy when that's the strength. He's putting Carson in situations that aren't the best for the franchise.

Sean Ryan QB coach Lions -> OC 

Tony Ball UTSA WR coach -> WR coach 

Jim Leonhard Wisconsin’s DC would be a great Schwartz replacement. I know Schwartz isn’t leaving (maybe Cleveland?) 

Breer drops that the Eagles might be interested in Kellen Moore Link

• The other side of the ball raises more questions. Offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna and line coach Marc Colombo all remain under contract, and Jones has intimated to candidates that, ideally, he’d like to retain Moore. It would help ease Dak Prescott’s transition through the coaching change, but my sense is that the Cowboys want to keep a coach they really, really like (not totally unlike how they invested in Jason Garrett). If Moore were to leave, I would not be surprised to see a division rival—the Eagles—take an interest in him

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

What sucks is Del Rio was someone I thought would be a good replacement. What other DCs are out there if they hire him?

Wade Phillips? Honestly we might have to wait to see what other names are added to the list.

I expect another DC with HC experience just like Schwartz, if gone. Personally, I would want us to go after a younger DC that can maximize the most out of our dline, send blitz packages often at least for mobile QBs, and at the same time we provide some talent in the CB position

Edited by DeJack_10
  • Like 1