Black Widow 🕷 (Marvel 07-09-21) Theatres and Di$ney+

thrILL!

• 2 months later...

Marvel might not be making ground breaking cinema most of the time, but they know how to make a movie a damn good time.  They are also a lot more varied than they get credit for imo.  There's always going to be a lot of the same underlying beats but they are branching out more and more genre wise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It looks good but I still think this should have come out before Endgame.

I'd generally agree, I feel like they have to have had some sort of plan for building up a new bad guy or something odd that they didn't want spoiled before Endgame. I'm not sure what it might be though, I'm still hoping for Doom somehow.

Personally I am hoping Florence Pugh becomes some kind of mainstay in the MCU as a sort of legacy character. There isnt a ton of comic material for Yelena but it always relates somehow to Natasha. Natasha actually does some pretty f'd up things to Yelena like putting her on face on Yelena's body without her consent to teach her that spies are not heroes. Pretty extreme if you ask me. She also became the Marvel equivalent to Amazo and attacked the Avengers only to be self-destructed by the AIM reps who made her into an adaptoid. It wouldn't be a stretch to turn her into a reluctant good guy who wants to do Natasha proud after she finds out she died stopping Thanos. 

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I'd generally agree, I feel like they have to have had some sort of plan for building up a new bad guy or something odd that they didn't want spoiled before Endgame. I'm not sure what it might be though, I'm still hoping for Doom somehow.

That's what i as thinking too.  This is somehow going to lead into the next phase, and they didn't want to reveal/tease that before Endgame, because they wanted that movie to have it's own moment.